Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:36:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8812 Members
Latest Member: Beverlychoi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Help with B2CS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with B2CS  (Read 1479 times)
evizitei

View Profile Email
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:53:55 am »

Trying to get the Blender2CrystalSpace plugin working, not having much luck.  All dependancies are installed (Mac OS X, CrystalSpace is installed system-wide, Blender is installed against Python 2.5).

When in blender, I try to open the "Export to CS" dialog, and get an error.  Console output is as follows:

guessing './blender' == '/Applications/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./blender'
Compiled with Python version 2.5.1.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
E: Make sure you set your CRYSTAL environment variable before loading blender.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/crystalspace_export.py", line 47, in <module>
    import b2cs
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    import spacehandlers
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/spacehandlers/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import draw as _draw
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/spacehandlers/draw.py", line 2, in <module>
    import b2cs.overlay
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/overlay/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import export
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/overlay/export.py", line 4, in <module>
    import b2cs.gui.gui
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/gui/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    import gui,event,reg
  File "/Users/ethan/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/gui/gui.py", line 24, in <module>
    _output_file = Create(ui_keys["output_file"])
KeyError: 'output_file'

I see the message asking for a CRYSTAL environment variable, but since I have CS installed system wide, I shouldn't need that.  After looking at the code for the plugin, the best I can tell is that this "output_file" parameter should be loaded earlier from an external source, and in my system it's somehow missing.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

~Ethan Vizitei
Hannofcart

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:47:12 pm »

Well, I had a whole gamut of problems when I tried getting b2cs working by following the instructions on the b2cs website. So I'd suggest you look at this post that I wrote a while ago and also the other posts on the crystalblend discussion section of the forum.

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php/topic,1761.0.html

Also take a look at the discussion pages on the b2cs wiki.

I also suggest you put up the versions of Blender, PyXML, CS, CEL, CELSTART etc. that you have installed so that you'd get better response because they do matter significantly in this regard.

I'm sorry I don't know enough about Mac OS X and installing on it to know what 'system-wide' installation means. You better dig into the documentation just to be sure.
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-1.2/HOWTO-Setting-the-CRYSTAL-environment-variable.html#0
 http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-1.2/MacOS_002fX-Running-Programs.html#0

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: