This is a very rough starter for possible CS users.
I had a look at CS some time ago, and AFAIR the old distributions had pre-compiled .EXEs in it. Since they are gone now, I thought it might be a good idea to have a guide to get the walktest demo compiled.
It all boils down to download several packages, install them in the right order, and compile.
1. download the most recent CrystalSpace from here
. At this time of writing it is the version cs098 which is here
2. unzip this archive. There is a 'cs' folder in it - put it into C:\cs (or whatever path you like).
3. download MingW and MSYS
. These packages are typically called `MinGW-3.?.?-?.exe' and `MSYS-1.?.?.exe', where the question marks stand for the actual version numbers.
4. install the MinGW compiler at `C:\mingw32'.
5. Install MSYS. At the prompts answer 'y' twice and `C:\mingw32' when prompted for the path.
6. download the latest windows support file from here
7. Run it. In the 'Select Components' dialog, every option is checked.
- in 'Win32 libraries' uncheck 'MSVC-only libraries' and 'Cygwin-only libraries'
- in 'Support for development environments' uncheck 'Visual 6 and 7' and 'Cygwin'
(this only applies if you really don't work with VC or Cygwin, obviously)
Leave all other options as they are during installation.
8. Start MSYS, there should be an icon on your desktop. On the command prompt, enter the following three lines
'make -k all'
9. Wait. Wait more.
10. Enter 'walktest -relight'. You are there: take a walk in the demo level.
- I post this here because the community server
- I will try to do this for Mac OSX, too (following this
- For a more elaborate approach visit the page
I had most of this information from (Thanks, Eric Sunshine!)
@moderator: if this post doesn't belong here, then delete or move it at will.