Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 07:25:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9288 Members
Latest Member: Lorrainewhite
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CELStart Python issues?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CELStart Python issues?  (Read 3134 times)
Kannon

View Profile Email
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:42:50 am »

I've been having odd problems with CELStart, I can run normal examples, but I can't get any python samples to run. I had the exact same problem on 1.2.1, and 1.4.0, with python 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6. Here's the error it throws every time:

crystalspace.pluginmgr.loadplugin:
   failed to initialize plugin 'crystalspace.device.joystick.windows'
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "(string)", line 1, in (module)
   File "[path to CELStart]\cspace\__init__.py", line 5 in (module)
      from core import *
   File "[path to CELStart]\cspace\core.py", line 7, in (module)
      import new
ImportError: No module named new
Error running text 'import cspace'

crystalspace.pluginmgr.loadplugin:
   failed to initialize plugin 'cel.behaviorlayer.python'

I get the exact same error on every setup, I do have the environment variables set. (I can import new on every install, as well.) I'm actually kind of clueless as to what to try next, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Leetonicon

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 04:34:36 pm »

What OS are you running; I'm guessing Windows since, if memory serves, that was the only case where I've seen that error... (unfortunately, it's been over a year now I think since I've played with celstart Sad ... I tried running my pycelstart example that I know used to work and got errorrs that I'll have to fix at some point )

Also, are there other python examples besides the dinosaur one posted that you're using to test?
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »

I've been having odd problems with CELStart, I can run normal examples, but I can't get any python samples to run. I had the exact same problem on 1.2.1, and 1.4.0, with python 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6. Here's the error it throws every time:

Do you use pre-compiled binaries or did you build CS/CEL yourself from sources ?
In any case, setting PYTHON env var to the python[.exe] binary and/or PYTHONHOME to the Python install directory might help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: