Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 07:30:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8494 Members
Latest Member: Onapthanh
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Could not load crystalspace.kernel.vfs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Could not load crystalspace.kernel.vfs  (Read 3874 times)
Zalon
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:02:20 pm »

Hi,

just started with CS -cvs snapshot of April 16th and winlibs-1.4_001 - and tried to compile walktest. I followed the instructions at the manual (http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-1.2/HOWTO-Creating-External-MSVC-7-Application.html#0) for creating external applications but receive the warning, that crystalspace.kernel.vfs could not be loaded.
"Warning: Could not load plugin crystalspace.kernel.vfs"
[...]
Error: Failed to initialize config!
[...]
Cleaning up!
Error saving configuration "/config/walktest.cfg".

As I am using Visual Studio 2008 (on Win XP), the working directories for each project differ from the CS dir by default. I copied several files, namely crystalspace-1.9-vc9_d.dll, libz-cs.dll and the data/* directories to the debug-directory of the walktest project, but that did not solve the problem.

Guess there are still some files missing?

Did some quick searches on the forum here and set the environmental variable as system-variable to D:\CS, the folder containing CS. (Although that was tricky, working through the manual step-by-step to chapter 3 with the promising title "running the demos", there was no line mentioning the variable!)

Still no changes, walktest (or simple1) do not run.

Thanks for help
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:09:43 pm »

A missing VFS plugin is generally caused by of problem with zlib,
which on win32 means that setup of cswin32libs and/or PSDK was not followed correctly.
There should be no need, afaik, to copy stuff around manually.
Try cleaning what you did and restart from scratch, following the manual steps for MSVC configuration scrupulously.
Murray

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:20 pm »

https://www.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=109.0

Try following the second post. I had the exact same problem, followed this and hey presto, problem solved.
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:02:15 pm »

Hi,

just started with CS -cvs snapshot of April 16th and winlibs-1.4_001 - and tried to compile walktest. I followed the instructions at the manual (http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-1.2/HOWTO-Creating-External-MSVC-7-Application.html#0) for creating external applications but receive the warning, that crystalspace.kernel.vfs could not be loaded.

By the way, you really should follow the instructions from the manual matching your CS version.
And maybe you just have to set some "current working directory" setting from MSVC to the path
were all the plugins are.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: