Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:15:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8828 Members
Latest Member: Saikjanna
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CEL Layers Missing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CEL Layers Missing  (Read 3667 times)
Sulpher

Email
« on: July 12, 2005, 05:00:30 pm »

After compiling CS and CEL and running the celtest apps I am immediately presented with the Fatal Error GUI stating that the "CEL physical layer is missing".

I am using MSVC6.

Release Build(CS/CEL):
When using CEL there is no problem wirth celtest but when I create MyApp in an external application I get the fatal error.

Snapshot:(CS/CEL-July 11, 2005)
Celtest demo gives the fatal error.

My directory structure is
C:projects/CS
C:projects/cel
C:projects/My APP

I beleive this may be an issue with my config files location but I wasn't sure how this relates in MSVC.
Is there a tutorial that focuses on setting up an External App that will use both Crystal and CEL with MSVC6?(Most seem to be focused on UNIX boxes)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:02:55 pm »

After compiling CS and CEL and running the celtest apps I am immediately presented with the Fatal Error GUI stating that the "CEL physical layer is missing".

I am using MSVC6.

Release Build(CS/CEL):
When using CEL there is no problem wirth celtest but when I create MyApp in an external application I get the fatal error.

Snapshot:(CS/CEL-July 11, 2005)
Celtest demo gives the fatal error.

My directory structure is
C:projects/CS
C:projects/cel
C:projects/My APP

I beleive this may be an issue with my config files location but I wasn't sure how this relates in MSVC.
Is there a tutorial that focuses on setting up an External App that will use both Crystal and CEL with MSVC6?(Most seem to be focused on UNIX boxes)

Did you set the CEL environment variable?

Greetings,
Sulpherd

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 05:09:10 pm »

Jorrit,
   Greets and thanks for the quick reponse...

Yes...for both projects the CEL and CRYSTAL env variables were set...I'm away from my workstation but if I recall:

CRYSTAL C:\\projects\CS
CEL C:\\projects\cel

The release DIR was CEL
The snapshot DIR was cel

I should have mentioned the env varia because I know that seems to be the first troubleshoot...

From your new tutorial...if using MSVC do you still need the config/cel-config/cs-config in the MyApp DIR?

By the way...thanks for all you are doing
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:24:59 pm »

I think it is best if you could use the debugger of MSVC to find out where it crashes in your application. Perhaps you can find out more that way. If you need help debugging your application just shout.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: