Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:14:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7594 Members
Latest Member: Wandagarcia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Setup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Setup  (Read 2101 times)
Unit388

View Profile Email
« on: June 06, 2009, 02:59:14 am »

Hello, I'm completely new to Crystal Space, and I am very anxious to learn it.  However, I have run into a problem.  I'm trying to setup Crystal Space with Code:Blocks, and in the tutorial it says to "add libcrystalspace.lib from your CS\out\msysx86\optimize\libs directory" - I can't seem to find that directory or libcrystalspace.lib.  Could someone please shed some light on this problem.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:51 pm »

I think the guide you're reading is the one about building a CS based application, not for CS itself.
That is, to be done after CS was built successfuly.
Some may have succedeed building CS itself with CB, but I have no idea how exactly.
res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:01:38 am »

CS has it's own build system. While it's theoretically possible to replicate that in C::B, it's not worth the effort.
Build CS with MinGW/MSYS as described in the manual. Once you've done this you can start writing your own apps using C::B.
Unit388

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:18:33 am »

Well thank you for your help.  I, however, seem to have a new problem.  I have tried building Crystal Space with Cygwin and minGW.  I can not seem to get either working.  I followed every step that was in the manual.  My issue is that when I type in ./configure it says:

"configure: error: cannot find sources (libs/Jamfile) in . or ..configure: error: cannot find sources (libs/Jamfile) in . or ..configure: error: cannot find sources (libs/Jamfile) in . or .."

I have been trying to build Crystal Space for three and a half hours now.  I'll try building with M$ VC++.

Could someone please help me build this?
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:06:22 pm »

mmm, that looks very strange and unusual.
Can you give more informations about which CS version/revision you're trying to build ?
And are you trying to build using CodeBlock's MinGW or a vanilla MinGW/MSYS install ?
Cygwin is not much used these days for CS it seems, you'd better go for MinGW/MSYS.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: