Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:43:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8791 Members
Latest Member: Bouncys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Compiling just got weirder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Compiling just got weirder  (Read 1978 times)
Freetimecoder

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2009, 05:38:17 pm »

Hi,

when I first compiled CS a few years ago, I used VC++ 2005. Everything went well. Now, after reinstalling the system I thought it was time to fresh up on CS a little. But much has changed, nowerdays I use Code::Blocks and thing that platform independance is important. So I downloaded cs-1.2.1 source and tried the Msys compiling manual. Msys says that everything is ok, from configuren to building. But in fact nothing is ok, in fact Msys seems to do nothing. The console has normal output:
http://pastebin.com/m122aab27

But there are no directories created, nor any dlls, .a .o etc.

Hoever, manually typing "mkdir /d/something" works.

(I thought it might be a bug or something and tried the cs-svn version, but same thing there)

Finally, I installed VC++ 2008 + psdk + dx + etc and compiled the 1.2.1 got some errors there (gmesh3ds.cpp(325) : error C2664: 'lib3ds_io_new': )  which I researched about. They seem to be conversion errors which occur with the new VC version.

So, once again, I tried the svn version and everything compiled. But now, when trying to start one of the sample exe's they say something like:

Could not initialize application (0xc0150002)

Now I am really confused, because nothing I do seems to work.

I would like to stick to my original try, to compile cs with msys so that is priority, but still I am curious why every atempt is failing?

Edit:
- Version of CS : 1.2.1 and svn
- Version of winlibs package: cs-win32libs-1.2_002.exe
- Operating system: XP SP3
- Compiler: gcc / vc
- Video card: Nvidia GT 8800

greetings
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:41:50 pm by Freetimecoder » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:35:33 pm »

Don't use 'jam install' on windows. Just use 'jam' and then run the CS stuff from within the CS dirs itself. If you need external programs that have to find CS then use the CRYSTAL environment variable.

Greetings,
Freetimecoder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 07:40:27 pm »

Ok, I did that.
But it still does not work. Msys should create something like mycsfolder/out/msysx86/... but it doesn't.

greetings
Freetimecoder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 02:07:50 pm »

Hi,

I tried it with cygwin now but the result is the same.

Then I tried compiling with suse. It works so far. I have 3 .a files in the right directories.
Now I tried compiling "simple1" with Code::Blocks. I linked libcrystalspace-1.2, libcrystalspace_opengl-1.2 and libcrystalspace_python-1.2.
But I got errors like this: crystalspace-src-1.2.1/libs/csutil/ptmalloc/ptmalloc3.c|675|undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'|
Which lib do I have to link to get rid of those errors?

I also tried to compile the 1.4 svn version. It compiled alright, but when trying to execute walktest (./walktest) I get this error:
./walktest: error while loading shared libraries: libcrystalspace-1.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Weird thing is that libcrystalspace-1.4.so IS in the directory.

greetings
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 06:41:33 pm »

I don't know how to do this with Code::Blocks. As to the linking flags you can get those from the cs-config utility that is compiled with CS.  Try to run ./cs-config -help to get help.

About the running error. That's normal. CS needs to know where it can load its shared libraries. To solve that you have to expand the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable with the path where libcrystalspace-1.4.so is located.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: