Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:37:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8221 Members
Latest Member: Garretthallmark
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Sphere collider problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sphere collider problem  (Read 1139 times)
Julia

View Profile Email
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:51:42 pm »

Hi all,

i'm using Crystal 1.4 in Windows Vista and i have implemented my collision system similar to the appphystut, using iDynamicSystem and associating the camera to an iRigidBody with an sphere collider attached. Nowadays i only use 6 walls (boxes) in order to close my single sector and the sphere collider attached to the iRidigBody that i move together the camera. The size and the position of the sphere and different walls depends on the world i'm going to load (as bigger is the world, bigger is the radius of the sphere and the size of the boxes that form the walls). The problem appear when i load an smaller world than the actual (not at the opposite), i can't move well the camera because there is less space than it should be. I have been doing tests and i think that the walls and the sphere are well destroyed before create the nexts, and i have prove that the new sizes are ok, but now i dont know what more check. Any idea? Before load the next world i do:

dynSys->DestroyColliders();
dynSys->RemoveBody(avatarbody);
engine->DeleteAll();

Thanks!
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:09:54 pm »

There is already a bug report on that same problem (see http://crystalspace3d.org/trac/CS/ticket/320). It would need to be investigated.

Which physics plugin are you using? ODE or Bullet?

Whatever, a solution would be to use the new implementation of the Bullet plugin which has been improved a lot lately, but you will need to use the trunk version of CS instead of 1.4. It is not sure this will work better but I'm disposed to track down any problems you can have...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: