Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 06:55:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8260 Members
Latest Member: Lovelymae39
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  64-bit Building
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 64-bit Building  (Read 1509 times)
Crystalfur

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:01:36 pm »

Version of CS – CS 1.2.1
Version of CEL – CEL 1.2.1
Version of winlibs package (if on windows) – Corresponding 1.2_002
Operating system – Windows XP Win32
Compiler – MSVC++ 2005
Video card – ATI Radeon X1650 PRO
Driver – Version 8.282.0.0

Hello, again.
Glad to see that Jorrit hasn't gone through with deleting everyone's account who didn't email him Smiley

As time has gone on my sturdy 32-bit P4 / XP has started seeming a bit dated, so I decided to kill part of my life savings and pick up a new machine. It will be a 64-bit running Windows 7.

I have heard some talk on the mailing list about (res?) a 64-bit compatible version of CS, but other than that I haven't heard anything.

I really don't know how compatibility issues work w/ the 32/64-bit dilemma. I like using msvc++ and I need to know if either I can build 32-bit CS applications on a 64-bit OS or maybe I could give the 64-bit CS a try. Btw, I also prefer stable releases of things. I'm not sure why, I suppose its b/c I just love when the application crashes and I'm not sure whether it was some error of mine or one hidden in the depths of CS.

I am intentionally posting this question on the forum, so that others can perhaps benefit later (plus the mailing list is frankly intimidating with these CS deities (I mean devs) roaming around). It might not hurt for some of the CS discussions to happened a little more on the forum and a little less in the mailing list. Seems like it would give the community a bit more of a chance to interact and make the forum seem a little less..inactive. Just throwing that out there Smiley.

Cheers,

res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:21:20 pm »

CS 1.9 (development version from SVN) builds and is supported for x64 Windows with MSVC.
Prior versions (up to and including 1.4) do _not_ build for Windows x64.

Keep in mind that a CS built for 32-bit will continue to work on 64-bit Windows. And yes, you can still compile for 32-bit on a 64-bit Windows as well Wink
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »

If you want to compile the 64-bit version, then don't forget to use the 64-bit library package. It is available at http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/cs-winlibs/
Crystalfur

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:34:00 pm »

Excellent. Just want I needed to know. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: