Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:05:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7618 Members
Latest Member: Tymqwaro
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  blender2crystal problems with export/run on new install. Console is angry.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: blender2crystal problems with export/run on new install. Console is angry.  (Read 9445 times)
Treefingers

View Profile Email
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:56:30 pm »

First things first: Blender 2.44; WinXP32MC; Using CELstart with install as per wiki instructions; Hardware probably not relevent;

So I've just tried to get b2c running for the first time and am trying to get a "hello world" equivalent using the b2c wiki's First Steps tutorial. I've got some basic prims and a floor, camera, light; overlay setup went as described by the install/tutorials. When I get to the Export section instead of "Done:world.zip created and executed" in the status window, it stops at "Exporting sector: scene" and sends to the console this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "blender2crystal.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\b2cs\spacehandlers\__init__.py", line 7, in event
    _event.event(wID)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\b2cs\spacehandlers\event.py", line 143, in event
    b2cs.overlay.export.event(wID,evt-eo,corrected_mousepos)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\b2cs\overlay\export.py", line 57, in event
    b2cs.export.doExportWorld(1)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\b2cs\export\__init__.py", line 542, in doExportWorld
    run_crystalspace(filename,"walktest",ui_keys)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\b2cs\export\__init__.py", line 486, in run_crystalspace
    program_path = b2cs.util.getSystemProgram(program).strip()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Anyone know what this means or what I might be doing wrong? I followed install instructions very carefully, but don't know how I can really check it. The tut says to "look for wierd output" but says nothing about what to look for or do with it.

Thanks for any help...
caedes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:27:05 pm »

Hi. Seems you dont have walktest or so. Also, that bug is fixed in latest b2cs.
Weaponx69

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:38:42 am »

I have Ubuntu 9.04 with blender 2.49.  I am having almost the same trouble as the windows user above.  I am using blender2crystal and cel1.9.  I have crystalspace-1.4.  I also have celstart1.9 also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: