Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:41:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8812 Members
Latest Member: Beverlychoi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Article/Tutorial Discussion
| | |-+  Revised Tutorial for Review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Revised Tutorial for Review  (Read 12083 times)
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:14:05 pm »

I'm re-writing an older tutorial I'd written using GtkRadiant and Blender to instead use straight Blender. Revisions are being posted at http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~joellis/ - currently it covers cal3d skeletal animation, map design and object file layouts.

Feel free to comment on what's clear/unclear - newer versions will be posted on occasion.
iceeey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 08:55:13 am »

Very good introduction. There is not a lot of material on CS, and you provide a new and updated document that provides information to the newcomer on what may take much time to discover.

The Cal3d exporter works in Blender CVS (before 2.35), so I assume it works in  Blender 2.35, which was recently released.

Once again, great tutorial Cheesy
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 04:03:50 pm »

I know it was broken with 2.34 - I'll check with 2.35. It would be a real lifesaver to have the relative pathnames feature introduced with 2.34 included - especially in a tutorial where packaging .blend files statically linked with absolute pathnames can be confusing.

Thanks!
Keen
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 11:08:34 am »

Wow, great job! Your tutorial seems very extensive indeed! Smiley

The only problem I can see is that in some of the images, you can't really make out the text.  Sad

Keen

Stop emailing me with scary CS questions! Direct your emails to jorrit or thebolt!

For Crystal Space Tutorials, articles and other stuff, visit community.crystalspace3d.org
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:31:58 pm »

Which images need to be expanded/reframed to be more clear? Some of them, especially the Blender screens, are tough to frame because they're bigger than the page size yet scaling them down kills detail. Let me know which images need better detail/resolution.

Also I'm rewriting portions to cover Blender 2.35 since the Cal3d exporter appears to be operational and now you can have (THANK GOODNESS) relative paths stored for external resources (i.e. texture maps).

Just deleted 20 pages demonstrating how to build a beginner application... sticking to building models & maps for now.
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 06:58:29 pm »

The first two sections about map building have been submitted to the Wiki site. I've included the full-size version of all the images, so that may help.

Cal3d avatar portion should be forthcoming.
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 02:49:13 pm »

I hope you dont mind, i changed the article icons to be consistent with their topics Smiley just makes the article page a little neater.
iplayfast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 11:12:29 pm »

Thanks for the submission. (I'll be busy tonight)
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 03:23:28 pm »

I'll stick to the project's icon for tutorials then... coming up is
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 11:14:35 pm »

And appendix of the tutorial has been Wikized - the CS GtkRadiant tutorial has been posted.

Didn't post a thumbnail for it, since I didn't want to use Radiant artwork w/o the group's permission.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: