Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 06:53:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8220 Members
Latest Member: Igymatta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Trouble while Compiling CrystalSpace with Visual Studio 9.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trouble while Compiling CrystalSpace with Visual Studio 9.0  (Read 1752 times)
Mulfycrowh

View Profile Email
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:16 pm »

Hello Folks !

I downloaded CrystalSpace.
I ran cs-win32libs-1.9_006.exe.
I chose to put the Win32 libraries within c:\CrystalSpaceLibs.
I loaded wkstypical.sln within Visual Studio 9.0.
I didn't forget to specify the Library files (Options) : c:\CrystalSpaceLibs\common\lib.

I built the solution.

Visual Studio tells me zlib.lib is missing ...

I do not understand why because this library is located within c:\CristalSpaceLibs\common\lib.

Could you help please ?

Many thanks !
res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »

You need to provide the right path to CS in the installer and you need to install “VC support”.

Also, you didn't say what version of CS. The CS and cs-winlibs versions have to match up - i.e. cs-winlibs 1.4* for CS 1.4, cs-winlibs 1.9* for CS 1.9.
Mulfycrowh

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 07:25:31 am »

Many thanks for your reply.

I dowloaded the latest CS version, I mean 1.4.0.
I have cs-win32libs-1.9_006.

I suceeded in compiling CS but there are still errors such as :

2>d:\programmation sous windows\crystalspace\crystalspace-src-1.4.0\plugins\gui\cegui\ceguirenderer.h(307) : error C2555: 'csCEGUIRenderer::createTexture': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'CEGUI::Renderer::createTexture'
2>        c:\crystalspacelibs\common\include\ceguirenderer.h(169) : see declaration of 'CEGUI::Renderer::createTexture'
2>d:\programmation sous windows\crystalspace\crystalspace-src-1.4.0\plugins\gui\cegui\ceguirenderer.h(307) : error C2555: 'csCEGUIRenderer::createTexture': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'CEGUI::Renderer::createTexture'
2>        c:\crystalspacelibs\common\include\ceguirenderer.h(145) : see declaration of 'CEGUI::Renderer::createTexture'
2>d:\programmation sous windows\crystalspace\crystalspace-src-1.4.0\plugins\gui\cegui\ceguitexture.cpp(30) : error C2664: 'CEGUI::Texture::Texture(const CEGUI::Texture &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CEGUI::Renderer *' to 'const CEGUI::Texture &'

Does it confirm mismatching between versions ?
Mulfycrowh

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:24 am »

It compiled very well with 1.4 Win32Libs !

Many thanks !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: