Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:58:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9297 Members
Latest Member: Adrihjapa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  RTS ON CS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RTS ON CS  (Read 1232 times)
xzalion

View Profile Email
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:23:23 am »

Hey.

I am a Game Designer based here in South Africa.   Here is what engines i looked at.

NA / T3D / UDK / Unity & possible JM3.

I just found this CS engine.  The above engine are good, however, the lag of support i got was really not worth my time.   

Here is my current forum, http://y2k10.freeforums.org/index.php & we need help to make this game.  My main site will be visible soon.

I need to ask some question about CS.

1. Can it manage high poly characters?
2. Can it support RTS?
3. What format does it use regarding models?

We are looking to make our game soon as possible,  however,  we don't have an coder to assist us,  although we are 3 ppl,  Me & two artist.  If we get a coder we will be well off, we have all the skills then to pull of this project.

Have a good day.

xzalion
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:45 am »

1. Can it manage high poly characters?

Yes and no. The Krystal animated model has 16 000 triangles and runs at few hundred FPS on my machine. The problem is however that all computations are still made in software while it should be made through hardware. That's one of the topic I expect to work on in the incoming months.

2. Can it support RTS?

Why not? Frank and Mike have worked recently on various improvements of the shaders for the terrain system. It looks really great now and would be a good start for your RTS, along with the water shaders, the foliage and the Level of Details systems.

3. What format does it use regarding models?

CS has its own XML compliant format. You can import your models into this format through the corresponding scripts of Blender, 3DS max and Maya. CS has also an importer to read directly data from the COLLADA file format.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: