Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 11:03:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9160 Members
Latest Member: Bradburke
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Does CrystalSpace fit for project?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does CrystalSpace fit for project?  (Read 25064 times)
Gerail

View Profile Email
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:33:53 am »

Hi,

my company is planning a new project for 3D Visualization. Now we are looking for a 3D Engine that can be used for the rendering of the scences.
Some geographic data should be visualized thus it would be nice if the engine can support the transformation of different geographic coordinate systems. But nevertheless it should be clear that this feature is not needed for a game engine.

An important point is the fact, that the engine can be used in a browser using a plugin. According to this the data should be fetched from a web server or database using some sort of dynamic loading or streaming. If it is possible to fetch some files from the web it shoudl be possible to encrypt the data. Furthermore the received data should be cached to reduce the traffic.

The embedding of images, sounds and videos into the scene would be nice. Especially for videos the supported formats are important.

It would be nice if you can tell me if some of the demands are supported by the engine.

Thanks and best regards
Christian
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:42 am »

In the past Crystal Space has already been used in a browser. However this functionality
is not built-in and the plugin which allowed to do this was based on a very old version
of CS and I can no longer find it. So yes, it is possible but no, not out of the box at this
moment.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: