Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:43:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8379 Members
Latest Member: Hamlock3
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  world editor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: world editor?  (Read 27887 times)
Wmburn

View Profile Email
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:16:13 pm »

Hi, i am new in game develepment and i want to know few thing since i cant find any useful information on google.
1. What is diference betwean world editor and scene management?

2. If the world editor and scene management are the same thing, does this game engine have that feature?

I wil be gracefull if anyone answers or point me to any site/wiki that can help me.
P.s. Sorry for my bad english.

With gratitude
wmburn
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:16:10 am »

Scene management is what a 3D engine internally uses to keep track of the world and the objects in the world.

A world editor is a tool with which one can make worlds for 3D engines. So it is not the same as scene management
but with a world editor you can define a scene for the engine.

To make worlds for Crystal Space there are four ways currently:
  • Blender: Blender has a very good exporter for Crystal Space so this is probably the most powerful way to make Crystal Space worlds right now
  • 3DsMax: Crystal Space also comes with an exporter for 3DsMax. The PlaneShift project uses this to make their worlds.
  • CSEditor: CS has itself an editor included but it is in heavy development so not really useful right now
  • AresEd: I'm working on a world/game building tool which is also in heavy development: more information: http://code.google.com/p/ares/

Let me know if you have more questions.

Greetings,
Wmburn

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

Thank you Sir, this helps me alot.

I have another question

after downloading engine(and reading documentation) what is next step? Where game programming begins? What should i do? I never developed any 3d game so i dont have any expirience. Poiting me to any topic or wiki will also help me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:50:52 pm by Wmburn » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: