Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7594 Members
Latest Member: Wandagarcia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  How to pack the project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to pack the project  (Read 906 times)

View Profile Email
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

Hi, I am a college student, and I have created a game map and ran it through walktest of cs. Now I have to give the project to my teacher, but i don't know how to pack the project, because the whole crystalspace is too big to pack. What can i do? And when my teacher get it, she can run it as usual?
    Please help me, thank you very much!!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:02:53 pm »

Unfortunatelly that is not very easy. I assume you are on windows? If you use the mingw compiler you could try to make a static walktest: 'jam walktest_static' which is considerably smaller since all the plugins are included. With Visual Studio compiler I have no idea how to do that.

In addition to CS you will also need some of the dll's that are provided by the cswinlibs package.

My best advice is to try 'jam walktest_static' and copy that to another directory. Then also get the 'data' directory (you can remove all levels you don't need) and also the dll's from the cswinlibs package. Then try if it still works.

Greetings,

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:18:37 pm »

Oh dear!
    My environment is windows xp and visual studio 2005, so what i can do is to delete them one by one? And before i use cs, i have installed the external library and changed the environment parameter of the system, other's computer don't have it, what can i do with it?
   ps. i don't know which computer my teacher will use to run my project, it is bad for me!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:21:32 pm »

Can't you use an USB stick? CS should fit on that. But be sure to try it out first on someone elses computer.

I would just try to copy the entire CS dir (without sources and without some of the data files perhaps) and then also the dll's which are in cswinlibs install.

Greetings,

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

Can i installed the external library in cs folder? And copy the whole cs(include the external library) to usb stick without install it again?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: