Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:51:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9091 Members
Latest Member: Ninazkosa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Question on CS dependency on CG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question on CS dependency on CG  (Read 810 times)
shin lee

View Profile Email
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »

Hi

I saw that in the mandatory dependency list, CG for nvidia is needed. Does that mean that CS can only run nvidia graphics hardware?
What happens if I wish to port CS to an embedded platform that has its own GPU hardware?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »

Hi

I saw that in the mandatory dependency list, CG for nvidia is needed. Does that mean that CS can only run nvidia graphics hardware?
What happens if I wish to port CS to an embedded platform that has its own GPU hardware?

Three things: In version 2.0 or older CG is not *really* required. It is just very recommended since a lot of shaders depend on it.

Additionaly the CG from nvidia is not restricted to nvidia hardware. It works for AMD, Intel Graphics, ...

Starting in CS 2.1 (not released yet) we also support GLSL so then the dependency on CG is even lower.

But in summary, you should not worry. There is no limitation to nvidia hardware at all. Look up the CG toolkit
on google. You can see that it is also for other hardware.

Greetings,
shin lee

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:25 am »

Ok, thanks for the prompt reply.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: