Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:01:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8254 Members
Latest Member: Natashascott
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  Ares Project
| | |-+  Camera views
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Camera views  (Read 7904 times)
Haplo

View Profile Email
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:58:11 pm »

Greetings. I have worked on several projects - mostly just scripting I am not a good coder, just a good bug finder and fixer. Main work has been with opensimulator, emulators, and closed source company software.

My main focus has always been to be able to create my own 3rd-person world staged game. Not really an MMO exactly, but I've had the concept for a long time and have tried many different avenues with varying results. I have come very close using opensim, but with the obvious limitations on world size, etc it just is not workable.

Since watching your progress and knowing the capabilities of this engine, my question is if you are going to publish this Ares Project with the sole ability of FPS? Or will other camera views be available for those of us that wish to create different styles of play?

Either way I would be interested in helping you wherever my abilities allow for in time and resources. I have some evenings and most weekends (Sun/Mon for me) to offer. If you put me to task, even if I'm not familiar with it I can learn it and do it. I have a working knowledge of PHP and lua strictly from the need to understand, troubleshoot, and move forward other projects as an example.

On an end note I'd just like to say I and I'm sure many other 'non-coders' or scripters are very appreciative of your efforts to bring the ability to express our creations to fruition.

Take care,
Haplo
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:08 pm »

No, Ares is not limited to FPS at all. Currently the default mode is FPS and I haven't done much effort yet on getting Third person to work correctly but in principle it does work.

Greetings,
Haplo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:15:00 am »

That sounds fantastic. I'm very excited to see how it is coming along. I'm sure with the progress you've been making you may not need anyone else on board but if you need another person to help with any related work in testing or bugfixing please let me know as I would be glad to help any way I can.

Thank you for getting back with me.

Haplo
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:01:51 am »

Testing is always nice. I'm trying to get AresEd as bugfree and friendly as I can so anything to help with that goals would
be very helpful indeed.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: