Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:26:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8809 Members
Latest Member: Kaciejacobs
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Newbie question about levels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Newbie question about levels  (Read 3390 times)
TurboGlider

Email
« on: July 20, 2005, 01:34:07 pm »

Hi,

In world file, coult I for example only have terrain info here, and things lika houses are in other files?

For example
World file has only information about where to place objekt house1 and house2  and mesh-file for house1 and house2 is separate files?

Or how is it working?

/TurboGlider
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »

You can load libraries into maps (see http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~degris/blender/tutorial/), although maybe the best thing for transitioning from an outside area to an interior is to create two different maps, then have a portal linking the two (and moving the camera from one map to another).

I'm an idiot, tho, so I'd solicit the opinions of others to determine the optimal way of doing this.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 01:58:47 pm »

Hi,

In world file, coult I for example only have terrain info here, and things lika houses are in other files?

For example
World file has only information about where to place objekt house1 and house2  and mesh-file for house1 and house2 is separate files?

Or how is it working?

/TurboGlider

Yes that's possible. There are several ways to do so. Easiest is to just use two distinct world files where both use the same sector name. CS will automatically merge the objects and put them in the same sector when you load both maps at once.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: