Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:23:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8271 Members
Latest Member: Naturesteffi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Problems compiling CS in VC++ 6.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems compiling CS in VC++ 6.0  (Read 1830 times)
Chris Riley

Email
« on: July 22, 2005, 08:08:11 am »

I've been having the most trouble compiling CS. I've been going through the newest online documentation following step-by-step.

Sidenote: the CVS program displayed in the tutorial is the newest milestone build of the program, getting the "newest stable" or "newest build" results in a much different looking program. Took me a bit to find the right one Azn;;

But anyway, I got the CVS installed, I got the CS files and updated them through that program. I found the .exe containing all of the additional libs neccesary for CS and installed those properly. I then upgraded VC++6 to SP5 (which removed all 700 warnings I was getting Tongue). But, I'm stilling getting three errors.

Now, the only problem I can think of as far as that tutorial goes is that one part mentioned "removing projects that aren't neccesary, such as the python part" or something, and I removed nothing. Perhaps something I haven't removed I don't have the files to run properly.

I get this, but these aren't the errors. The errors are below:

Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\crystal_space\CS\out\release\libs\libcrystalspace_windows.lib'
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\crystal_space\CS\out\release\libs\libcrystalspace_opengl.lib'
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\crystal_space\CS\out\release\libs\libcrystalspace_directx.lib'
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\crystal_space\CS\out\release\libs\libcrystalspace.lib'

And here is the errors I am getting:

Code:
Compiling resources...
Compiling...
odedynam.cpp
Linking...
   Creating library ..\..\out\release\build\plgodedynam\odedynam.lib and object ..\..\out\release\build\plgodedynam\odedynam.exp
odedynam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _dJointSetUniversalParam
odedynam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _dJointGetUniversalParam
..\..\odedynam.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

grpall_typical.lib - 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)
Chris

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 05:54:03 pm »

I dropped that ode file out of the project and it compiled fine, but I'm unsure of it's actual purpose =P
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 07:20:55 pm »

I dropped that ode file out of the project and it compiled fine, but I'm unsure of it's actual purpose =P

It is for phyics. The errors you got mean that your cs winlibs package is not recent enough. You need version 013.

Greetings,
Chris

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 10:02:36 pm »

It is for phyics. The errors you got mean that your cs winlibs package is not recent enough. You need version 013.

Greetings,

I got the one linked out of the online doc's >.>;;
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: