Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 05:40:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8222 Members
Latest Member: Msmarqcarleen03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Problems with cal3D configuration file
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems with cal3D configuration file  (Read 4258 times)
MaryCon

Email
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:37:50 am »

Hello! I've downloaded the cal3D demo models from sourceforge and i 've discovered that some of them (for example cally model) use *.xrf files to texture the model (at least, in the cally.cfg they are asociated with a material tag) but i don't know how to use them in CS cal3D configuration file (I had looked in community articles but i haven't found out anything about that) Can someone help me? Thanks
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:52:59 am »

Hello! I've downloaded the cal3D demo models from sourceforge and i 've discovered that some of them (for example cally model) use *.xrf files to texture the model (at least, in the cally.cfg they are asociated with a material tag) but i don't know how to use them in CS cal3D configuration file (I had looked in community articles but i haven't found out anything about that) Can someone help me? Thanks

You can't. You have to convert them to a common image format (png, jpg, ...).

Greetings,
MaryCon

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 12:46:49 pm »

How can i do it? I've tried using The Gimp and some others image editors but they didn't understand *.xrf format. Does exist a conversor or something similar?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 12:47:30 pm »

How can i do it? I've tried using The Gimp and some others image editors but they didn't understand *.xrf format. Does exist a conversor or something similar?

Sorry can't help with that. I guess you'll have to check with the cal3d project itself (forums or mailing list or whatever they have).

Greetings,
MaryCon

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 12:52:47 pm »

Thanks, i will try it
zaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 04:08:05 am »

Everyone of these that I've looked at are just text/xml-like files, i.e. human readable.  They simply specify the basic lighting for the material (ambient, diffuse, specular and shininess) and optionally a texture.  There might be more features, but those are what I've observed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: