Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 05:17:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8330 Members
Latest Member: Msquartcarle03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Tutorial Simple1: undefinied reference to....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tutorial Simple1: undefinied reference to....  (Read 2734 times)
Liquid_Cluster

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:57:42 pm »

Hello smiley

i use the program code::blocks to compile (mingw).

i set the lib direction of the compiler on the first place to my cs/lib install, aswell the include (cs/include)
should work now ^^

but today i tried out the simple 1 tutorial of the cs manual. i typed in the code of the first chatpers 5.2.1 and 5.2.2
but all i get is this error message:

:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csApplicationFramework::csApplicationFramework()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csBaseEventHandler::csBaseEventHandler()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csBaseEventHandler::~BaseEventHandler()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csApplicationFramework::~csApplicationFramework()'

and so on and on and on

last error is:
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'iSCF::SCF'

hummmm, any ideas for the troubleshooting? i followed the tutorial, even when i try to compile the common code of the tutorial out of the cs\apps\tutorial\.... direction, the same errors appear.

this may be an setting problem, may be i forgot or missed something ^^

did anyone of you had a similar error message once? or any idea what the matter is?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 07:22:04 pm »

Hello smiley

i use the program code::blocks to compile (mingw).

i set the lib direction of the compiler on the first place to my cs/lib install, aswell the include (cs/include)
should work now ^^

but today i tried out the simple 1 tutorial of the cs manual. i typed in the code of the first chatpers 5.2.1 and 5.2.2
but all i get is this error message:

:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csApplicationFramework::csApplicationFramework()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csBaseEventHandler::csBaseEventHandler()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csBaseEventHandler::~BaseEventHandler()'
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'csApplicationFramework::~csApplicationFramework()'

and so on and on and on

last error is:
:simple1.cpp undefinied reference to 'iSCF::SCF'

hummmm, any ideas for the troubleshooting? i followed the tutorial, even when i try to compile the common code of the tutorial out of the cs\apps\tutorial\.... direction, the same errors appear.

this may be an setting problem, may be i forgot or missed something ^^

did anyone of you had a similar error message once? or any idea what the matter is?

Did you follow the howto on how to create an external application using CS? You can't just compile the tutorials like that. You need several options. The best way is to use the scripts/createproject.sh script as is explained in the manual.

Greetings,
Liquid_Cluster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:19:57 pm »

ok,
thank you jorrit smiley sorry for wasting you time, i thought i can just start up with that tutorial smiley next time im going to read the manual better
Liquid_Cluster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:50:01 pm »

a little question:

the tutorial simple 1.
what sense is behind the given code in the CS\apps\tutorial\simple1 dierectory, when there need to be done much more than compiling, in a code that is there to be tried out for tests?

in the manual is written:
"This tutorial is mainly based on the `simple1' application which you can compile and run to see what it does...."

im sorry, i see this code and the manual and i understand what sense all the codeparts themself have. but i see that my less c++ knowledge is a big handicap, but at last i try to work it out anyhow; and even when this must sound really stupid for you, but a little bit of help would be more as welcome smiley

i really need some help, i have no clue why i cant compile the given code.....

anyhow i have the feeling my compiler settings are not right so far, but i set the directorys in the correct way.....

ARGH
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »

You need to have a development environment set up in order to compile any Crystal Space application. This includes:
- Linking to the necessary libraries
- Including the necessary header files
- Using the appropriate compiler flags

Once you have your development environment set up, then you're ready to create whatever CS app you wish. But the prerequisite for building stand-alone apps is having a build environment set up.

Instructions on how to do this are available in the Community Site and in the CS documentation.
Liquid_Cluster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:18:47 pm »

ok, i go one more time trough the manual.....

- Linking to the necessary libraries      ---this is done in the compiler options
- Including the necessary header files  ---this is done aswell in the compiler options
- Using the appropriate compiler flags  ---needs one more check

thanks for the answer deckerego....
Liquid_Cluster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 06:29:55 pm »

ok, i got it grin
 thank you, it is compiling without errors  *grin*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: