Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:03:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8798 Members
Latest Member: Williamchavez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Would anybody be interested in a WW2 "What If" game.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Would anybody be interested in a WW2 "What If" game.  (Read 2162 times)
kraken

View Profile Email
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:29:19 am »

Hello All

I am newly retired and have worked on and with CG for many a year, I am a modeller and large landscape artist for film and TV with fx work done for others, and soon some of my friends will be retiring also. In short we would like to build a game using our talents. Money is not the thing here, its just something we want to do. I own nothing but SGI equipment and I am in the process of building a new studio at this time. Here is our idea.

Game Idea Introduction
   Over the years World War 2 games have become very popular, and have made large profits for those companies involved. Most have been based on historical fact or from motion pictures. But, a small few have come from board games, these came out in the early 90’s and still have a following today. Case in point, Panzer General, Steel Panthers, and so on and so on. From these board games came a few that were to be known simply as, “what if”. That is to say what if, England had not entered the war, what if Germany had invaded Spain there by cutting off the Mediterranean. For years I have played these games on boards over twenty feet in length with 1:285 scale models, these events would last for months, why, because they were fun. Case in point, check out GHQ, http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/military-models-world-war-ii-micro-armour.html.
To play these games, one had to do his homework, you had to know your equipment, and that of course is everything about it, good points and bad. More than once I have seen goals vanish and melt away because of misuse of equipment. Enough said about this.
For years now I have kept in the back of my mind just such a game to build a, “what if”, one that would have sweeping terrains, vast Old World Cities, rivers to cross, landscapes that would feel the folly of mans quest for power, one that you could fight and defend without the card of death. One that would let you play with others, on the side of your choosing, a computer-generated war.  Now the time has come, the technology and the machines are here.
   I have just such a game, “Gotterdammerung” death of the gods. A "what if" game about what would have happened if Germany and Russia had not gone to war until 1946.

Thank you for your time

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: