Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 07:36:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9315 Members
Latest Member: Heniogjopek
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Help needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 3409 times)
darkzob(unactivated)

Email
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:01:39 am »

hello im darkzob ive always wanted to amke a 3d game and i tink im finnaly old enough to try making one so i wanana dedicate the next 5 years of my life  to become  form noing nothing  to knowing alot.
now to get bak on topic im lookin for 2 tings.
1.som1 to tell me how to compile and wat i do to compile the crstal space
2.a free site dat has c++ toritals   just to tell u i know no c++ coding at all so i need one that tells me all basics
darkzob(unactivated)

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 12:13:39 am »

i read  alot of teh threads add from wat i figgured out to compile i need somthing called
mingw and msys i installed them now wat to do?
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 03:52:24 am »

Start by reading the "Resources for Beginners to C/C++" sticky in this forum, then working through the tutorials in the documentation and on the community site.
darkzob(unactivated)

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:13:00 am »

hey umm im trying to compie it but im stuk on the
At the shell prompt, go to your `CS' directory with the `cd' command. For example, if Crystal Space resides at `C:\work\CS', invoke the command `cd /c/work/CS'. Next, configure and build the project with the following sequence of commands:

./configure
make -k all

The `-k' option used in `make -k all' instructs the `make' utility to ignore errors and continue building the project. This may be necessary if you are using the bleeding-edge version of Crystal Space from the CVS repository and some module fails to build correctly.

If you prefer to build a debug version of Crystal Space, substitute the following commands for those shown above:

./configure --enable-debug
make -k all

If you wish to build with debugging information and for the new renderer architecture you can do:

./configure --enable-debug --enable-new-renderer
make -k all
when i type in
C:\Documents and Settings\default\My Documents\CS
it dont work can som1 help
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 07:37:49 pm »

hey umm im trying to compie it but im stuk on the
At the shell prompt, go to your `CS' directory with the `cd' command. For example, if Crystal Space resides at `C:\work\CS', invoke the command `cd /c/work/CS'. Next, configure and build the project with the following sequence of commands:
when i type in
C:\Documents and Settings\default\My Documents\CS
it dont work can som1 help

Well the message you quote specifically says you should convert c:\work\CS to /c/work/CS. So you should do the same. Also you must run this in msys. Are you doing that? And finally you forgot to put 'cd' in front of the command. So in msys you should do something like:

Code:
cd /c/Documents and Settings/default/My Documents/CS

Greetings,
darkzob(unactivated)

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 11:59:44 pm »

im nearly done compiling but i think did somehitng wrong after i enter the compile lots and ltos of words come then when it finish nothin changed in the cs folder

./configure                                (I used this one)
make -k all

The `-k' option used in `make -k all' instructs the `make' utility to ignore errors and continue building the project. This may be necessary if you are using the bleeding-edge version of Crystal Space from the CVS repository and some module fails to build correctly.

If you prefer to build a debug version of Crystal Space, substitute the following commands for those shown above:

./configure --enable-debug
make -k all

If you wish to build with debugging information and for the new renderer architecture you can do:

./configure --enable-debug --enable-new-renderer
make -k all
morgul

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:19:20 pm »

First, I would strongly encourage you to make the debug version of CS, as you will need to use that as you program your game. (If you use the optimized build, like you have, when you hit snags in your program, debugging them will be next to impossible on the optimized build...)

Secondly, could you explain all the steps you've taken up till now (and tell us what the output you get is.)

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: