Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:03:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8482 Members
Latest Member: Tracybuchanan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Falid to Initialize config!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Falid to Initialize config!  (Read 2997 times)
spex

specazoid packitup3406
View Profile Email
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:24:42 pm »

Hi all, When running walktest.exe I get the error "Failed ot initialize config!" I am using .NET 2003 and have gotten everything to run well at home. However, here at work (where my boss was nice enough to let me play with CS when idle time comes along) I recieved that error. Can anyone tell me about the things that can cause this error and where  I might look for a fix?

THX!
spex

specazoid packitup3406
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:40:39 pm »

also... my VFS seems to not be working.. simple1 was not able to load stone4.gif and simple2 couldnt load sprite1 .. hmmm..
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 06:12:21 am »

also... my VFS seems to not be working.. simple1 was not able to load stone4.gif and simple2 couldnt load sprite1 .. hmmm..

Can you tell me what version of CS and what compiler you were using? Also what exactly did you do to build CS?

Greetings,
spex

specazoid packitup3406
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 04:22:02 pm »

I am using the latest stable release 0.98r004. I compiled it with MSVC 7 (.NET 2003) . To compile, I simply loaded the wkstypical.sln solution file and clicked biuld from the Build menu. It seemed to be able to compile all 177 projects. ( no warnings, no errors). Thx so much for your help!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 07:24:10 pm »

I am using the latest stable release 0.98r004. I compiled it with MSVC 7 (.NET 2003) . To compile, I simply loaded the wkstypical.sln solution file and clicked biuld from the Build menu. It seemed to be able to compile all 177 projects. ( no warnings, no errors). Thx so much for your help!

Hmm. Are you starting the simple1.exe from the CS folder?

Greetings,
Sander

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 08:02:40 am »

Jorrit, are you trying to say that the VFS will never work if you don't put your executable in the CS folder? or is there another way to have an external application with a working VFS? thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:07:47 am »

Jorrit, are you trying to say that the VFS will never work if you don't put your executable in the CS folder? or is there another way to have an external application with a working VFS? thanks.

The executable must be in the same folder as a few other files (like vfs.cfg and data/config). Otherwise it will indeed not work.

Greetings,
spex

specazoid packitup3406
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 05:51:53 pm »

I actually was NOT running the testapps (walktest, csdemo) from the CS directory. After going to the right directory and running things, I had a few errors with dll's not being located. I copied the needed dll's to the CS directory and the apps ran fine, vfs and all. However, the need for copying the dll's to that directory, and seeing the other libs and include files that were installed by the cs-win32libs package, I am now wondering if my own applications will have problems running due to the fact that these files did not make it to the appropriate directories. Maybe I should start be asking Where the includes, libs and dlls Should Have Gone after running the cs-win32libs installation?

THX!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 06:08:44 pm »

I actually was NOT running the testapps (walktest, csdemo) from the CS directory. After going to the right directory and running things, I had a few errors with dll's not being located. I copied the needed dll's to the CS directory and the apps ran fine, vfs and all. However, the need for copying the dll's to that directory, and seeing the other libs and include files that were installed by the cs-win32libs package, I am now wondering if my own applications will have problems running due to the fact that these files did not make it to the appropriate directories. Maybe I should start be asking Where the includes, libs and dlls Should Have Gone after running the cs-win32libs installation?

THX!

When you distribute your app you should copy all needed dll's (that includes dlls compiled with CS itself and dll's installed with winlibs) together with your app.exe.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: