Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 10:28:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8254 Members
Latest Member: Natashascott
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Yet another compiling issue...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yet another compiling issue...  (Read 1723 times)
mean

Email
« on: August 06, 2005, 03:05:19 am »

I'm typically not the type of person to give up on something, but after trying to compile the CS source for an entire day now, I finally gave.

I'm building the source in VS .NET using VC++ 7.1. I've downloaded the latest stable source from the CS CVS using the "-D" switch, as well as installed the required libraries and drivers. When I attempt to compile and build the source, I get the following error:

c:\Planeshift\CS\plugins\physics\odedynam\odedynam.cpp(938): error C2065: 'dGeomTriMeshGetTriangleCount' : undeclared identifier

I can't even count how many times I've grabbed the CVS source and attempted to build it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mean

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 04:21:55 am »

An addition to the previous post...

It seems that the one error that occured during complication didn't completely ruin the compilation process as some of the executables built properly. My next step was to attempt to compile CEL as well, but I ran into the initial problem I had with compiling CS in that all the required header files weren't found. The required headers for CS were presumably installed by cs-win32libs-0.99r0_012.exe. Is there a version of this for CEL? Can I use the same one to get the headers in cel\libs\? I attempted to simply copy the files from CS\libs to cel\libs but that failed miserably.

Once again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:19 am »

CS 0.98 is not compatible with the modern VC++ 7.1.

If you post the actual error messages you receive when attempting to compile the CVS version of CS, you people may be able to assist you more readily.
moehre

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:38:37 pm »

CS 0.99 works perfectly fine on my VC++ 7.1

Your error occures, because the OpenDE library must completely support trimesh which the binary release for windows doesn't.

The missing code is
Code:
int dGeomTriMeshGetTriangleCount (dGeomID g)
{
    dxTriMesh* Geom = (dxTriMesh*)g;
    return Geom->Data->Mesh.GetNbTriangles();
}

To get a working ode get the currend code from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24884. I used the ODE-UNSTABLE-snapshot (February 10, 2006). The library you'll have to create is either "DoubleTrimesh" or "SingleTrimesh". Just follow the following steps:

1.    Unpack
2.    Open ode.dsw with VC++
3.    Add an existing project to this work space. Choose <your_ode_dir>/OPCODE/Opcode.dsw
4.    Compile one of the Trimesh-projects (I used the "DoubleTrimesh")
4.1  If you want to get a Debug output just compile the project
4.2  To get a Release you would have to define the OPCODE include path (seems to be a small bug)
       o  right click on the "DoubleTrimesh" project; select properties
       o  in C/C++ => global add "OPCODE\Ice;OPCODE;include" to the include paths
       o  compile
5.    rename your new library ("Release/DoubleTrimesh.lib") to "ode.lib" and move it to <your_ode_dir>/lib
6.    don't forget to add the include and the lib forlder to your CS' imports

... done

best regards
Thomas

P.S.: sorry for my bad english. When you need further help (or libraries) just mail me moehre.home[at]web.de
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: