Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:29:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9288 Members
Latest Member: Lorrainewhite
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Commercial Game looking for 3D artist(s)...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Commercial Game looking for 3D artist(s)...  (Read 1866 times)
morgul

View Profile Email
« on: August 08, 2005, 07:54:04 pm »

Hello, all. I'm the head of a commercial game, "The Seventh Game: Precursors" (http://gne.g33xnexus.com/precursors). I'm looking for atleast one 3D artist to join our little development team. Currently, we've released out second alpha release, and we're working hard to get networking and possibly combat in by September, but the more work we do, the more glaringly obvious it is that we have no 3D artists... So, I'd decided to put the word out, and see if I can't convince someone to change that.

The project is being done by G33X Nexus Entertainment, a startup company, who's main focus is going to be game development. Although right now GNE is in the process of filing to become a corperation, ('S' corp, for those who know business. For those who don't 'S' corps are small corperations, who don't have to pay taxes) everyone involved in the project will be offered permanant employment as soon as GNE gets all it's ducks in a row. So, while initially this project won't be offering cash, that may very well change by January. (Although the amount of cash may not be very large.)

The development team I am very proud to say is *extremely* dedicated. (We're all doing this in out spare time, while going to school.) Whatever artist joins our group, we would hope would be just as dedicated to the project.

The game is an MMORPG, with First Person, Flight Sim (currently what we're focusing on), and a bit of RTS thrown in (For commanding fleets of ships.) It's a futuristic Sci-Fi setting, with a driving story plot. (I'm currently revising my third draft of the novel it's based on... hope to send it out to publishers in the next six months.) We're planning on having very diverse planets, and a helluva lot of them. Basically, we've given ourselves enough room to have a little but of anything in terms of cultures. There's two 'main' human governments, but several small 'frontier' planets, where the culture is much more varried. There's also five alien races, each with a pretty well defined culture... on paper. (The game website doesn't currently reflect this, as the additional races was a new change in this revision of my novel. It was done not just for the game, but to fill a major hole in the story plot.)

So, now that you have a feel for the universe we're making, here's what we're looking for in an artist:

Requirements:[/u]
    [li]Very skilled with 3D modeling tool of thier choice.[/li]
    [li]Ability to not just model, but skin thier models[/li]
    [li]Knowledge of how to model for CS (aka knowing what effects work, and what ones don't[/li]
    [li]Animation skills[/li]

Optional (but desired):[/u]
    [li]Knowledge and Skill with Blender[/li]
    [li]Knowledge of the CS shader system[/li]
    [li]2D graphics skills[/li]
    [li]Experiance with blend2cs and blender2crystal[/li]
    [li]Experiance with inkscape (very optional..)[/li]
    [li]Flash experiance (again, very optional)[/li]
    [/list]

If you're interested, please contact me (macguyvok@gmail.com). You can also post on our forums (http://gne.g33xnexus.com/forums).

Thanks!

--Chris
    Pages: [1] Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: