Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 04:51:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8378 Members
Latest Member: Gwenlode
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Serious Developers wanted for long standing business project.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Serious Developers wanted for long standing business project.  (Read 3128 times)
LaughingSeraphim

View Profile Email
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:50:38 pm »

ID software started with a couple of developers and a write man who went through a bit to assemble a team and get doom created.
I have spent my money on the last two attempts to develop my universe, which failed due to deaths and what not. These projects edtwo weeks after Hexen II came out. Bad luck saw the end of it before completion. The second attempt, after redevelopment occured in 2001. This second project resulted in my $8000 deposit being stolen when the lead programmer relapsed into a secret addiction and overdosed. I am serious and determined to bring this to life, but have already spent my money.  I seek *serious* artists and coders to begin a small ID type software firm. The current docket includes one each of the following. I AM NOT HIRING ANYONE. THose interest will becoem partners on the project, compensation will occur post completion as an equal share of profits.
           A FPS, RTS, RPG and space adventure ala SC2 on hormone therapy.

What will be needed to make this proper quality.
Artists to produce modles, textures and images to accomodate developers and writers. Will also be responsible to assist in package and advertisment designs.
Writers to add their two sense worth and expand for future projects. See I have no ego.
Coders to produce modular game engines that will be first stable, second fast and third capable of easy expansion for game contect. We want to make the sort of game that people refuse to let go of, such as SC2, TA and UT.                                 
                   Think cavedog in terms of modularity. A couple of downloadable files and players have expanded their game.
 Level Designers to produce expansive levels based on writing, art rough level design from the writers and artists.

This will be a commercial project. The original development team will then become partners in a business once signed on. This is a serious project. Those with terminal illnesses, drug habits and a tendency to get hit by cars need not contact me. I don't mean to sound cold but if your not going to live to see any profits and don't want to talk to you. Again, my money is already gone, so no advance payment. Besides, partners are more reliable than employees.

If interested email me.
Include a name along with a list of your three favorite books, games and movies. Coders and artist will need to have a humble portfolio prepared. Writers will be put on the spot to create something short from an existing line. Level designers for any genre can submit their portfolio after I have talked to them.
laughingseraphim@gmail.com

Keiyentai

Keiyentai@comcast.net Keiyentai+Izamu Kano_Son_of_Kei
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:58:49 am »

Wow..sounds alot lot like how my ideas has gone up in smoke..though no one has died on me yet..I am sorry for your loss both team wise and finacialy. I also have been looking for serious people to help me with a RPG I have written out. Some models are already done, concept art and a good chunk of the story is complete as well. Depending on what it is you are looking for maybe we could both benifit each other. Also the advances in the CS engine are very nice. I remeber thinking about CS for my RPG before they even got the bump mapping out. It was about Quake II/III quality..at most. I do belief that my game will run on CS now unless I can get a large investment from some one like Epic or some other company Cheesy lol. Wouldent mind using the Unreal III engine lol. Anyways I wish you the best with your idea and furture team. If you want to contact me my e-mail is Keiyentai@comcast.net as well as my MSN. Good Luck Smiley

Kei
                                                 Owner of NeoSpawn Games

Must compile greatest engine tweaks in world........>_>
morgul

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:32:29 am »

Honestly, it really sounds like you just outlines my project. I'm doing almost the exact same thing. In our development codebase, we already have some basic networking support, and in the next few weeks, we'll have a monolithic server done. We've already got flightsim, and are on the way to having combat. (It's waiting on networking, actually). to me, it's a shame to have so many closely related project doing thier own thing. The plan is for the client code to be released open source (unsure of the license), so I don't see why a development team couldn't be formed to produce the client, and different content made for the different stories... unless you could live with the universe that I've created. I'm open to suggestions, and improvements, but I've been working on this universe almost constantly for the last 8 years... so there's quite a bit of backstory/history/depth.

Please, don't think I'm touting my project as 'uber'.... it's just that we have something real, and we're making progress daily. We don't have the time to make huge leaps, or do a good chunk of the modeling, but we work on it almost daily (in between classes, and late at night). So, if you're interested, we planned on doing the same thing as far as the buisness is concerned... So, you're more than welcome to look at my project, and see if it's what you're looking for. ( http://gne.g33xnexus.com/precursors ). Good luck!

--Chris
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: