Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:37:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9299 Members
Latest Member: Keannaheaton
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Entity creation with blender and CEL/CS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Entity creation with blender and CEL/CS  (Read 3129 times)
muffinpeddler

View Profile Email
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:10:49 pm »

I am curious as to how one might go about creating entites in a map that can be read in as entites in a crystalspace XML file.  Very similar to adding entities in a quake map.  Are there flags that can be set in blender that designate such objects as a box or a can of soda as objects that can be interacted with, which crystalspace/cel will understand?  I am hoping that I can create entites in a map and not have to mess with the world file generated from blend2cs. 

Thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:32:37 pm »

I am curious as to how one might go about creating entites in a map that can be read in as entites in a crystalspace XML file.  Very similar to adding entities in a quake map.  Are there flags that can be set in blender that designate such objects as a box or a can of soda as objects that can be interacted with, which crystalspace/cel will understand?  I am hoping that I can create entites in a map and not have to mess with the world file generated from blend2cs. 

Thanks.

I believe blender2crystal has support for CEL entities. Not 100% sure how that works though. I recommend looking at the documentation. Even if you use blend2cs you still don't have to mess with the world file. It is very easy to add an alternative 'entities' file that is loaded together with the world file so you don't have to modify the original world file. The celdemo that you can download from the CS site follows that principle and so does the default level for celtest (check out data/basic_world, basic_entities, and basic_level.xml for a simple example).

Greetings,
muffinpeddler

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 03:20:24 am »

Thanks.  I will look into that. 
caedes

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:31 pm »

hi!

it is documented in the blender2crystal manual at:
http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/Using_the_exporter#Exporting_for_CEL

basically once you select CEL mode all objects with the entity property set to True will be exported to an additional entities file, some property classes can be added manually or automatically using blender properties.

muffinpeddler

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 05:10:47 am »

Hey, thank you.  That is exactly what I am looking for!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: