Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:01:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9008 Posts in 2046 Topics by 8329 Members
Latest Member: Rachelsantiago
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Development Discussion
| | |-+  new input control
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new input control  (Read 3165 times)
intra

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:11 am »

Hi,

I’m new to Crystal Space. My intention is to use virtual gloves as input control. I’ve been reading a bit about Crystal programming and still I have to dedicate it more time, but if you could orientate me it would be very helpful to me.

What I have to do? an input driver or a plugin?
   Where can I find information about it?

Thanks in advance,

John
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 02:11:46 pm »

There is no dinstinction between drivers and plugins in Crystal Space. The typical way to extend CS is to create a plugin module. Your plugin's primary job will be to query the glove's state and then post that state to the CS event queue. You probably want to look at iEventQueue, iEventOutlet, and iEvent (see the API documentation at http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/api). How you actually query the device for state depends upon the context. You may want to poll the device each time through the CS run-loop, or you may want to spawn a thread which watches the device, and then posts CS events as the device state changes.
tek911

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:38:12 pm »

Intra, I am actually looking to do exactly what you're looking to code up. I want to use data gloves inside of a 3d environment (im new to crystalspace3d so there will be a learning curve there as well), care to collaborate? Shoot me an email and maybe we can talk on an IM or something.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: