Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:25:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8812 Members
Latest Member: Beverlychoi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Problems with Cal3D Exporter Script
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems with Cal3D Exporter Script  (Read 4962 times)
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2005, 10:44:48 pm »

I was following the Building Cal3d Models with Blender 2.35 tutorial (http://community.crystalspace3d.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=16) and I finally got to the exporting step when I ran into some problems.

First of all, my export menu looks nothing like the one in the tutorial.  It's just the average blender file-browsing window -- no "Export to," no Scale slider, no buttons, or anything.  There's a button on the file-browsing window that says "Load UI," and I have it pressed, but nothing happens before I export the mesh, after I export the mesh, or when I hit the button.  I don't know what it's for.

Second of all, once I export the mesh, I get one .cfg, .xsf, .xmf, and .xrf file each, but no .cal3d file, and the tutorial says to load the .cal3d file in viewmesh.exe.

When I export my mesh, I make sure I've heeded all the stipulations.  The only error I get is that my mesh has multiple armatures so it automatically ignores one of them and continues anyway.

I'm using Blender 2.36; I tried ALL the available blend2cal3d python scripts, from versions .9 to .11.  I'm using python 2.3.4 (because, for some reason, if I use any more recent version, NOTHING on my computer recognizes that it is installed) on a Windows XP machine.

Please help, this is very aggravating  Sad !
Thanks ahead of time.

edit: wait, I lied.  I didn't try all the the available blend2cal3d scripts... apparently there's a .5 but I REALLY don't want to use it.
edit2: Ah crap, sorry for all the edits.  I juzt realized that on the download page for the blend2cal3d exporter script, it says the latest version is .12, but when I click on "Download," I can only find up to .11.  Maybe this is the problem?
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 11:34:16 pm »

Ok, I think I get it...

I had to download the latest cal3d archive from the cal3d sf.net project page.  Then, I found two python scripts for exporting in blender, and I put the one named "blend2cal3d_2.py" in the the scripts dir of the blender folder.  That gave me the graphical interface.

Then, after reading over the tutorial carefully, I realized that the author made a typo, saying that we have to create a new file "boxman.cfg" -- I'm sure the tutorial meant "boxman.cal3d"

Please fix this if I'm right, as it will surely confuse others.  If I'm not right, then please explain why the blender export script doesn't spit out a .cal3d file for me to load into viewmesh.exe.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: