Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 06:24:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8273 Members
Latest Member: Ai16x2t
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  (Hopefully) Small AMD64 bug
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (Hopefully) Small AMD64 bug  (Read 2641 times)
Taladar

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:10:44 am »

I just tried to build the newest CVS version of CS on my AMD64 Gentoo Linux box and a small bug prevents it from building.
The file include/csutil/hash.h yields the following error messages:
Code:
./include/csutil/hash.h:101: error: redefinition of `class csHashComputer<long int>'
./include/csutil/hash.h:94: error: previous definition of `class csHashComputer<long int>'
./include/csutil/hash.h:104: error: redefinition of `class csHashComputer<long unsigned int>'
./include/csutil/hash.h:97: error: previous definition of `class csHashComputer<long unsigned int>'

I looked at the appropriate section of the file:

Code:
CS_SPECIALIZE_TEMPLATE
class csHashComputer<long> : public csHashComputerIntegral<long> {};
CS_SPECIALIZE_TEMPLATE
class csHashComputer<unsigned long> :
  public csHashComputerIntegral<unsigned long> {};

CS_SPECIALIZE_TEMPLATE
class csHashComputer<longlong> :
  public csHashComputerIntegral<longlong> {};
CS_SPECIALIZE_TEMPLATE
class csHashComputer<ulonglong> :
  public csHashComputerIntegral<ulonglong> {};

I don't have much experience programming C++ or C but it looks like long and longlong might be identical on AMD64.
I didn't know where to report this bug (didn't want to join the mailing list only for that) but I thought I should at least document
it here as AMD64 is not that common as a build platform so it might slip through for quite a while otherwise.

The bug was probably introduced (or "activated" somewhere in the newest code added (according to the cvs log) by res2002
two days ago as he mentions CS_SPECIALIZE_TEMPLATE in the commit message and I remember building a week or so ago without running into
this problem (though I had other build errors, this might have been after those in the build process).

If you need any additional information about my build environment please ask. I will be checking back here in the next days
when I find the time to try again and the build error is not gone.
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 04:49:21 pm »

This problem was resolved on September 4, 2005.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: