Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 12:14:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9154 Members
Latest Member: Salizpec
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Best Starting Point for a WWI MMRPG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best Starting Point for a WWI MMRPG  (Read 3338 times)
unimatrix

Email
« on: August 19, 2005, 04:52:32 am »

What current project would serve as the best starting point for such a game?  All models and such will be done in Blender.  Unforuntaly my personal programming skills are somewhat limited, but there are others in the project whose full-time jobs is programming. 

Basically with so many WWII games out there, I thought it important to create a game to show people of this generation an idea of the horrors of what was WWI.  Most of the Generation thought fought WWI are dead and those left will not be here long. 

We are still in early project planning.  We plan to try and recreate the Somme battlefield as the starting point and have Officers, Grunts, and Artillery Gunners on the UK/French or German/Austria-Hungery side.  Game will be FPS with people able to gain rank much like BF2. 

We are just looking for the best starting point to get a jump start from.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 07:30:06 am »

What current project would serve as the best starting point for such a game?  All models and such will be done in Blender.  Unforuntaly my personal programming skills are somewhat limited, but there are others in the project whose full-time jobs is programming. 

You could try to take the PlaneShift source as a base as that is the most advanced MMORPG using CS right now. But it may be easier to use CS+CEL and start from scratch.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: