Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 10:47:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9295 Members
Latest Member: Marioibuch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Errors while building for osx
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Errors while building for osx  (Read 3592 times)
tripdragon

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:07:26 pm »

This is a long amount of stuff, but shortly I installed libjpeg and libpng via fink, is there anything else I should have installed?

I passed the first make -k all without a fuss , but then I tried make install and I get this error

a LOT of these and then in it stops at the error 1

...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/wintools_8h.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/wrapper_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/writer_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/writer_8h.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/wxwin_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/xmltiny_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/xorpat_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/xorpat_8h.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
...skipped <install>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api/zip_8h-source.html for lack of <dir>/usr/local/share/doc/crystalspace-0.99/html/api...
make: *** [install] Error 1
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$

Then when I try and run an .app file from the command line with various trys

raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest --relight flarge
Crystal Space for MacOS/X 0.99 r0 [MacOS/X-powerpc-GCC]
Ported to MacOS/X by Eric Sunshine <sunshine@sunshineco.com>

WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.font.server.freetype2'
  WARNING! Crystal Space performs better in 24 or 32 bit display mode!
Bus error
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest flarge

crystalspace.engine.warning:
  Couldn't load cached lighting for 72 object(s):
      walls
      walls
      teapot1
      walls
  Use -relight cmd option to refresh lighting.
Bus error
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest

walls
      walls
      teapot1
      walls
Bus error
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest --religh

walls
      walls
      teapot1
      walls
Bus error
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest --relight

Bus error

sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:32:37 pm »

There is actually quite a lot which you can optionally install, and which will be employed by CS if found. (I plan, at some point, to update the CS manual to mention all of these.) Here is a mostly complete list:

ant
cal3d (cvs version)
cppunit
doxygen
freetype2
java
jpeg
lib3ds
libcaca
libmikmod
libmng
libogg
libpng
libsdl
libvorbis
ode (cvs version)
perl
python
swig
TeX
wxWidgets
vos
zlib

Based upon the error messages, I'm guessing that 'make install' failed to create the directories in /usr/local. This directory is normally protected so that only 'root' or the administrator can write to it. To resolve this problem, you usually need to become root temporarily like this:

sudo make install

You will be prompted by 'sudo' for the administrator password. If you do not have the password, then you will need to install CS at some other location to which you have write access. You can specify the installation location at configuration time by using the configure script's --prefix=/some/dir option.

Did you build with gcc 4.0.x? It is just lately known that there is some bug in gcc 4.0.x which causes CS to crash on all platforms (not just Mac). This bug has been fixed in gcc 4.1.x and is not present in 3.3. You can switch to gcc 3.3 on Mac with the 'sudo gcc_select 3.3' command.
tripdragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 04:07:48 pm »

Aw,, cool, that finished the make install,, now when running the app via command line I get:
I will try out the gcc 3.4 after this, whaT DO I do after that ? make -k all again ?

Host Name:      raven
Date/Time:      2005-09-08 00:17:09.811 -0400
OS Version:     10.4.1 (Build 8B15)
Report Version: 3

Command: walktest
Path:    ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest
Parent:  bash [22273]

Version:        0.99 (0)
Build Version:  Huh
Project Name:   walktest
Source Version: Huh

PID:    13128
Thread: 0

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000020

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   frustvis.csbundle    0x06955040 csFrustumVis::RegisterVisObject(iVisibilityObject*) + 544 (bundle1.s:283)
1   engine.csbundle      0x0153b574 csSector::RegisterEntireMeshToCuller(iMeshWrapper*) + 228 (bundle1.s:283)
2   engine.csbundle      0x0153b9fc csSector::SetVisibilityCullerPlugin(char const*, iDocumentNode*) + 992 (bundle1.s:283)
3   engine.csbundle      0x015396a0 csSector::GetVisibilityCuller() + 72 (bundle1.s:283)
4   engine.csbundle      0x014f14d4 csEngine::PrecacheDraw(iRegion*) + 616 (bundle1.s:283)
5   walktest             0x000275d8 WalkTest::Initialize(int, char const* const*, char const*) + 9724 (crt.c:355)
6   walktest             0x00028538 main + 92 (crt.c:355)
7   walktest             0x00002c08 _start + 348 (crt.c:272)
8   walktest             0x00002aa8 start + 60

Errrrr it will not let me paste it all. What is the site name for that coders pasteboard again ?
tripdragon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 04:08:38 pm »

also in terminal I get

Bus error
raven:~/Desktop/CS zim$ ./walktest.app/Contents/MacOS/walktest --relight flarge

Bus error
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 04:19:41 pm »

After selecting gcc 3.x, you will want to 'make distclean' in the CS directory before re-configuring and re-building with 'make all'. The 'distclean' will ensure that objects files created by gcc 4.0.x are definitely removed. Re-configuring will ensure that it finds any new packages which you have installed.

The traceback you show is positively the crash which results from using gcc 4.0.x. Using an earlier or later compiler should resolve this.

The freetype2 warning should be resolved when you install the freetype2 package (and re-configure CS).

The warning about 24 or 32 bits is bogus on MacOS/X. The MacOS/X OpenGL canvas neglects to initialize the informational structure which results in that warning. (This needs to be fixed at some point, but should not cause any fatal problems.)
tripdragon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 05:12:17 pm »

After selecting gcc 3.x, you will want to 'make distclean' in the CS directory before re-configuring and re-building with 'make all'. The 'distclean' will ensure that objects files created by gcc 4.0.x are definitely removed. Re-configuring will ensure that it finds any new packages which you have installed.

The traceback you show is positively the crash which results from using gcc 4.0.x. Using an earlier or later compiler should resolve this.

The freetype2 warning should be resolved when you install the freetype2 package (and re-configure CS).

The warning about 24 or 32 bits is bogus on MacOS/X. The MacOS/X OpenGL canvas neglects to initialize the informational structure which results in that warning. (This needs to be fixed at some point, but should not cause any fatal problems.)

aw drat so I gotta wait and build again Sad Oh well.. But before I start it with sudo gcc_select 3.3 should I Just upgrade my gcc instead  ? I am going to be starting a bunch of Obj-C stuff and want to use what is proper instead of broken stuff
tripdragon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 08:27:26 pm »

Sweeet! It works,,, But it killz my computer ! It totaly freezes it! Waaaaaaa.... starting new topic now
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 10:43:54 pm »

Yes, the freeze has been reported by some OSX users. Presumably it is some interaction of settings in CS/data/r3dopengl.cfg. I don't think that anyone has yet figured out precisely what is going on. Perhaps you can play with those settings a bit to see if you can resolve the problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: