Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 08:25:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9089 Members
Latest Member: Dariurm
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  help with creating the graphics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help with creating the graphics  (Read 3136 times)
Hannes

Email
« on: September 11, 2005, 05:13:40 pm »

hi

i just started to creating the graphics to me and my friends game we use this engine. so i like to know what programs i should use
i have 3ds max and blender and hammer installed but hammer is really hard to learn:P and blender is even worse but i know 3ds max really well so i wonder what programs i should use for the different things like the map models trees etc.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 06:05:15 pm »

hi

i just started to creating the graphics to me and my friends game we use this engine. so i like to know what programs i should use
i have 3ds max and blender and hammer installed but hammer is really hard to learn:P and blender is even worse but i know 3ds max really well so i wonder what programs i should use for the different things like the map models trees etc.

You can use 3ds max for all of them.

Greetings,
Hannes

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 07:49:54 pm »

can i really use 3ds max for the map models (i mean the characters) and everything? somewhere it said that it doesnt work:( but i trust you!:D

THANK GOD!!!!!!!! i  really hate the other programs:P

but now i'd like to know....

when i have finished a map and a character how do i test them?
descibe details:P because i am not that good on english:P
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 05:27:20 am »

can i really use 3ds max for the map models (i mean the characters) and everything? somewhere it said that it doesnt work:( but i trust you!:D

THANK GOD!!!!!!!! i  really hate the other programs:P

but now i'd like to know....

when i have finished a map and a character how do i test them?
descibe details:P because i am not that good on english:P

You can use 3ds max for both the level as the models but you need a different exporter. In case of the models you need the cal3d exporter. In case of the level you need the exporter that is included with CS.

To test a map you export it using the script (see CS/scripts/max and the documentation that is included with that) and then you run the exported map with walktest. This is explained in the documentation of the exporter.

Why do you hate Blender btw? It really is very nice. It is my personal choice for this.

Greetings,
Hannes

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 06:44:45 am »

i think it is really really hard to learn:P but i dont doubt that its good but i really love 3ds max but what script should i use for the map where can i find it? becouse it isnt the map2cs or blend2cs i should use right? and the script cal3d2cs (dont know what its called) i cant get it to work:(
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 07:31:15 am »

i think it is really really hard to learn:P but i dont doubt that its good but i really love 3ds max but what script should i use for the map where can i find it? becouse it isnt the map2cs or blend2cs i should use right? and the script cal3d2cs (dont know what its called) i cant get it to work:(

I already told you where to find it in my previous reply. The script is in CS/scripts/max

I don't know how to do cal3d models but there are tutorials on this community site aboutthis subject (check the articles).

Greetings,
Hannes

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »

ok thx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: