Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 07:54:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8362 Members
Latest Member: Brendanhughes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Article/Tutorial Discussion
| | |-+  Problem loading cal3d models in viewmesh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem loading cal3d models in viewmesh  (Read 8382 times)
blane

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2005, 01:26:37 pm »

I am trying to complete the tutorial "Building Cal3d Models with Blender 2.35".  I have also tried " 7.7.6 SpriteCal3D Mesh Object" from the CS docs.  But with both tutorials I get the same result.  After trying to load boxman.cal3d or test.cal3d I get the following error message:

could not load plugin.  crystalspace.mesh.loader.factory.sprite.libcal3d

Should this work from the CS install or do I need to install Cal3d.  If so where should it be installed?  Do I need to do something so CS can find it.

I'm using cs98_004 on winXP.

<Inspirational/ Funny motto here>
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:44:33 pm »

Looks like you probably don't have the latest Cal3d installed from CVS. You might want to check and see if you have sprcal3dldr.so and sprcal3d.so in your Crystal Space directory - if not then the Cal3d plugin was not built and you probably need to get the latest Cal3d version from CVS, reconfigure & rebuild CS.
blane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 11:14:54 pm »

Thank you for your help.  Problem was that Cal3d plugin was not built.  Installed the latest Cal3d and then re-installed CS and  I'm now able to load cally into viewmesh.  Still having a problem with boxman.  But I "tinkered" with that when I was trying to get it working so I'll retrace my steps.

deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 03:43:07 am »

Excellent. Let me know if you find any bugs with Boxman and I'll update the article.
blane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 12:59:31 am »

Sorry  to take a while replying.  I've been away for a few days.  I didn't have any major problems getting boxman working.  The only thing I'd changed in the end was the plugin name (I'd changed it to the name in the error message).  Changed it back and it all worked.  I found a post that said boxman's file extension should have been cal3d.  I found it worked with either cal3d or cfg.

I had some wierdness with the exporter from Blender.  It worked perfectly the first time but each time I made a changed and re-exported it wouldn't work.  If I then re-opened the exporter it would work fine.  Which was a bit of a nuisance as I had to re-enter the export path each time (this is in Blender 2.36).

Great tutorial.  Can't wait to do something a bit more interesting than boxman.

deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 04:20:39 pm »

I'll add the appropriate gotchas in the tutorial.

I'm still hoping to make something more interesting than boxman too Wink Right now I'm working on a texture mapping tutorial, but first I have to create texture maps that don't look like crud.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: