Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 05:20:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8493 Members
Latest Member: Mssolycarle0303
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Can't compile
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't compile  (Read 1508 times)
Kratos

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2005, 01:47:46 pm »

I'm using VC++ 6 and CS 0.98.
when I've extracted CS and opened the wkstypical.dsw, I get an error message (after C++ loaded all the files) that he can not find the file: C:\CS\visualc6\wkstypical.dsw (that is the place where I opened the file) or one of his components. After that I can still continue with the project, so I set grpall_typical as my active project and rebuild all. Everything goes fine only at the of building i'm getting the error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "lib3ds-120.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

grpall_typical.lib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

And nothing else happens. Can someone please help.

thanks
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:31:10 am »

Not entirely sure what you mean. The workspace file should be at CS\mk\visualc6\wkstypical.dsw, not CS\visualc6\wkstypical.dsw.

Did you install the correct version of cs-win32libs? In particular, you should use the cs-win32libs targets at CS 0.98 rather than CS 0.99.
beakcon

beakcon@hotmail.com beakcon beakcon
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 09:59:45 pm »

also...i had the same prob initially and i'm a noob.  as far as the link error...when you use the cs-win32libs (assuming you're using the correct version)...pay special attention to the install...it does not install some livraries/resources by default i had to check the little box that included the VC++ 6 files ...my advice is to re-install the cs-win32libs package (making sure to check the option to uninstall the existing first...i'm pretty sure that is a default of the installer) and very carefully pay attention to all option on the install and verify that the components you need are selected.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: