Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:00:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8784 Members
Latest Member: Beaburleson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  help with lighting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help with lighting  (Read 1689 times)
bestbuddy

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:42:57 pm »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with lighting. I don't want shadows in my maps at all, want a sort of cartoony affect. How do you do this?? Also, if I make my lights brighter, it seems to reflect constantly and wall lose their colour, becoming white. Why is this?

thanks

Dan
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:50:06 pm »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with lighting. I don't want shadows in my maps at all, want a sort of cartoony affect. How do you do this?? Also, if I make my lights brighter, it seems to reflect constantly and wall lose their colour, becoming white. Why is this?

thanks

Dan

For the cartoony effect I'm not sure how to do that. It can be done with shaders somehow but I don't know how.

As to the lighting. There is a max intensity of 2. If you go beyond that the wall will simply turn into white as that is max brightness.

Greetings,
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 04:59:46 am »

Methinks you are talking about cel shading... I *thought* there was a render plugin for that... but it may have been a while ago...

At http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=37 you can read through a tutorial that implements cel shading in OpenGL...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: