Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 01:02:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9302 Members
Latest Member: Janrdym
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  blender2crystal kicking out plugins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: blender2crystal kicking out plugins  (Read 3802 times)
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2005, 05:03:12 am »

I finally got the blender2crystal tarball (w00t!), but noticed that upon installation all of my Blender plugins went away. For example, if I put the scripts/ directory in ~/.blender/, then all of my import/export/UV Python plugins are gone. Remove the ~/.blender/scripts directory, and they're back.

Anyone else experience this? It occurs with blender2crystal CVS and Blender 2.37a.
stephb7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:33:06 pm »

I had the problem also.  Some of the files (crystalspace_export.py, crystalspace_object.py) go under .blender/scripts while others (the entire b2cs directory) go under .blender/scripts/bpymodules, such that you end up with the subdirectory .blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:38:00 pm by stephb7 » Logged
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:35:47 am »

The CVS tarball I obtained had this structure... two python scripts in scripts/, the remainder in bpymodules/b2cs. Not sure what else it could be... Blender doesn't seem to be sending any errors to stdout or stderr.
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:43:42 am »

Blender bug. If I just create an empty ~/.blender/scripts directory, all the included Python plugins go splat.

Dangit.
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 04:57:56 am »

Putting scripts in /opt/blender/.blender/scripts (my main Blender installation instead of my user profile) appears to be a serviceable solution.
zaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 05:34:39 am »

This is a bug with the current version of blender.  There's a chance it might be fixed int he current CVS, but I don't think it is yet.

I filed a patch against this months ago and it was finally responded to a week or two ago.

The bug report is here: http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=125&aid=2817&group_id=9

The patch is in the bug report and the file attatched it.  If you're not building from source, there's really now way around it other than going back to earlier versions (I'm not sure how far back you need to go) of blender or waiting for a new release candidate build once my patch or a similar change is appplied to the official CVS.

The patch is encountered when you have more than a certain small number of directories and/or sub-directories in your blender scripts directory.
syn

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:21:19 am »

move the .blender folder from your install path of blender ( /opt/blender/.blender ... or whatever)
to ~/.blender. The path holds all python scripts
Then copy the blender2crystal stuff into ~/.blender and remove the file Bpymenus
It holds the structure of the gui and will be recreated by blender on next startup.
That should allow you use all plungins.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: