Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:10:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8333 Members
Latest Member: Deminagomez76
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  MMORPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: MMORPG  (Read 22418 times)
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 01:31:59 pm »

If the 'make' program can not be found, that probably means that you did not install it. Use the Cygwin setup program to ensure that you have installed 'make'. Also, are you entering this command from the Cygwin prompt or from a DOS prompt? You want to be using the Cygwin prompt.

Aside: In the long-run, you probably will get better results using Mingw + Msys since these packages are more actively supported. Unfortunately, installation of Mingw can seem complicated because there are so many packages from which to choose, but it doesn't have to be difficult. You might consider abandoning Cygwin and instead following these instructions:

(1) Go to the following site and download the Mingw "installer" program MiGW-5.0.0.exe (or whatever is more recent). This program will download and install the necessary Mingw packages.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/

(2) At the same site, download and install the MSYS-1.0.10.exe package.

(3) Go to the following site and download and install the cs-win32libs-0.99r0_017.exe package:

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/support/win32/

The cs-win32libs package contains pre-built versions of almost all of the optional libraries and utilities upon which CS depends, including ODE and Cal3d, so you don't have to build any of these packages manually.

Be sure to install the above packages in the order shown. For more complete details, see the "Building > Platform Specific Instructions > Windows using MinGW" section of the CS manual. This is presently section 2.5.3.

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2005, 12:25:57 pm »

ok so I went in and followed command

"At the shell prompt, go to your `CS' directory with the `cd' command. For example, if Crystal Space resides at `C:\work\CS', invoke the command `cd /c/work/CS'. Next, configure and build the project with the following sequence of commands:

./configure
make -k all"

and it printed out a ton of text, and went on and on checking stuff then this happened

So I went to next thing and did the next command not haveing to do with compileing so you can edit source code and stuff
"Finally, if you want to utilize Crystal Space as a software development kit (SDK), you can install it and then clean up the detritus of the build process:

make install
make distclean"

and as you can see at the bottom of the print it gives an error message !
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2005, 02:30:46 pm »

The problem is that you installed cs-win32libs into a directory containing a space (c:\Program Files). You'll find that many command-line tools (especially 'make' and similar) have problems with this since they use space as a token delimiter and don't expect to find it in pathnames. Also avoid using a path containing whitespace for your CS directory. You should re-install into a directory without whitespace. (You can, for instance, use c:\progra~1 in place of "c:\Program Files", if necessary.)
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2005, 09:08:16 pm »

Ok I re installed the cs-win32libs into C:/ and here's what happened.
? What happened
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 09:26:24 pm »

Did you configure and build CS? You should do "./configure", followed by "make" (or "jam"), followed optionally by "make install" (or "jam install").
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2005, 12:16:39 am »

ok I got to make install
it was working happaly then this error happened !:( I am admin on comp I have no limit...)
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2005, 02:36:21 pm »

Have you tried invoking one of those failed commands manually to see if it works? For instance, if you type 'mkdir -p "/usr/local/share/crystalspace/data/maps/isomap"', do you get an error?

Note also that the 'make install' step is optional. It is entirely possible and well supported to utilize the compiled CS directly from its build directory rather than installing it. If you can't get the installation phase to complete, then you do have the option of skipping that step.
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2005, 09:51:14 pm »

so the whole CS directory is now installed in that file? (so threes no need to make an install file?, I can just do the tutorial as if it's installed to that directory??) (no I don't get an error but I still would like to install for others that may ever need the CS engine.)
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2005, 02:38:37 am »

ok I figured out you can run most of the programs now, heres my prob, sr)

I did

"You may need adjust the ambient lighting which the engine applies when it lights the maps. This may be necessary if you find that the scenes appears too dark. You can do this by setting ambient lighting values via the following configuration commands from the command-line. The default value for these settings is 20. If that is too dark for you, try using a higher value. For example:

defaults write CrystalSpace.Global Engine.Lighting.Ambient.Red 50
defaults write CrystalSpace.Global Engine.Lighting.Ambient.Green 50
defaults write CrystalSpace.Global Engine.Lighting.Ambient.Blue 50"

and it did this

also in testmap when I hit 0 to jump it didn't so I hit it 3 times quick and it crashed, I repeated this sevral times, it continues is that supost to happen?

btw when I hit tab and follow commands like this
 -regions

Load every map in a separate region (default off).
-dupes

Check for duplicate objects in multiple maps (default off). "
it says -regions unknown command when I type in -regions and when I type in regions it says unknown command too.
It does that for all commands what do I do?
sr for long question
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:57:25 am by STfrea » Logged
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2005, 04:24:13 pm »

so the whole CS directory is now installed in that file? (so threes no need to make an install file?, I can just do the tutorial as if it's installed to that directory??) (no I don't get an error but I still would like to install for others that may ever need the CS engine.)

Not really sure what you mean. The installation step does not create a single installation file. Instead, it copies the libraries (.a files), headers (.h files), documentation (.html files), and other resources into a separate directory tree (usually into /usr/local). The idea is that you can then delete the entire original CS source tree yet still be able to build CS client applications by utilizing the installed library and header files.

It is okay to skip this step and just leave the library and header files in the CS directory because you can build client applications by accessing the .a and .h files directly from the CS directory, rather than from /usr/local.

Why you get an error during 'make install' but not when invoking the commands manually is unknown. It may be that Windows just doesn't handle well the execution so many commands in such quick succession.

"You may need adjust the ambient lighting which the engine applies when it lights the maps. This may be necessary if you find that the scenes appears too dark. You can do this by setting ambient lighting values via the following configuration commands from the command-line. The default value for these settings is 20. If that is too dark for you, try using a higher value.

I'm pretty sure that this documentation is from the MacOS/X instructions (which I wrote), so they probably won't apply to your situation. Anyhow, I'm not sure that that information is relevant any longer.

also in testmap when I hit 0 to jump it didn't so I hit it 3 times quick and it crashed, I repeated this sevral times, it continues is that supost to happen?

For crashes, you probably will want to run in the debugger so that you can present a backtrace showing where the crash occurred.
STfrea

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 03:11:55 am »

Thanks, the screen was black and I could only see a few objects such as the girl and the rob ot and light stuff, but I tyed in  a few commands that gave me errors and it changed so I can see now Smiley ok when I hit some of the F commands it says somethings not installed but I put all addins in, anyway I'll keep going Smiley
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2005, 06:10:30 pm »

Did you use the --relight option when running the program to ensure that the lighting information in the map is up-to-date?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: