Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:01:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8220 Members
Latest Member: Igymatta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  biggest project this year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: biggest project this year  (Read 3696 times)
Kingstamus

View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:07:53 am »

Hello, Im rather new at this So ill just get strait to the point. Im pretty new to the whole making rpg's but i wanted to know if anyone here would like to teach me everything i need to know to make a small online rpg. Anyone up to it? Thank you for your time.
morgul

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:34:32 am »

What skills do you currently have? Feel free to poke around the forums for my project, ask questions, and just see the kind of planning, and discussion needed to make one of these.... ( http://gne.g33xnexus.com/precursors/forums ) and feel free to check out the website too: ( http://gne.g33xnexus.com/precursors ).

Who knows, we might be able to help you out!

--Chris
Kingstamus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:40:40 am »

Well I couldnt check out the links cause the site seems to be suspended. But thank you anyways, As for my skills, well I dont really have to many skills on making rpgs or much on computers. Im a quick learner and I stick to one thing until its done.  Im sorry that I don't know as much as i should , but i would really like to learn how to use python or another type of program. I have already downloaded python and pygame , although i have no idea how to use them . Sad Also Im not on this site very often, If you wanted to contact me more, You can email me at Kingstamus@hotmail.com or if u have msn messanger, im also on there.

Thank you for your time , I hope this info helps you.
contingencyplan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 10:40:42 pm »

We recently switched web hosts, so please feel free to visit the new website and forums. Hope to see you on there!
Sean

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 06:05:03 pm »

As for my skills, well I dont really have to many skills on making rpgs or much on computers.

I don't think anybody here is going to just be able to teach you everything you need to know.  If nothing else, you're going to need years of programming experience (as in, actually having written oodles of code for practice) to be up to making a real MMO.

You might want to start with a much lower goal as a learning exercise.  i.e., making a single player adventure game.  Then move up to making something real-time, then something with minimal multiplayer capabilities, and so on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: