Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:26:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7597 Members
Latest Member: Drukareczka1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Open Forced
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Open Forced  (Read 2603 times)
Random Guest

Email
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:47:28 am »

Hello Im new here, I have been floating around the sourceforge leeping at the chance to find the ultimate solution to my craving. I have been a low level programmer, worked with C++ and Visual Basic niether of which grasped my inteligence. Anyhow, borring storry short I have been looking for a solution for creating games, more to the point the complete idiots solution to all gamming dreams. An engine capable of utilizing what you can think up and actually having to use that, Im no iidiot though I realise there is much more to game engines then simply a flimsy fest of click here add there solution. But I must be honest compiling is both an adventure and a nightmare on its own, I don't give up easy but I dont like to waste time either, I have given compiling some chance did the old search the db try. I have .net 2002 and visual c++ 2005 installed, I have managed to set up sdks support and even stlport gunk. Hell I even gave mingw a chance, im no rocket scientist but gee golly this monkey has lost the nut. I have tryed numerous other engines a wack, some of which have horrible support or non at all CS seemed like a stand up out of all of them. Havn't given up hope yet, from the screen shots that some apples, untill I get it compiled Ill have to live with the idea the screenies are pizza pockets.

Im overly exuasted using microshafts .net solutions, makes me wonder just how much errors it can throw at me!!!

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 05:00:11 am »

Hello Im new here, I have been floating around the sourceforge leeping at the chance to find the ultimate solution to my craving. I have been a low level programmer, worked with C++ and Visual Basic niether of which grasped my inteligence. Anyhow, borring storry short I have been looking for a solution for creating games, more to the point the complete idiots solution to all gamming dreams. An engine capable of utilizing what you can think up and actually having to use that, Im no iidiot though I realise there is much more to game engines then simply a flimsy fest of click here add there solution. But I must be honest compiling is both an adventure and a nightmare on its own, I don't give up easy but I dont like to waste time either, I have given compiling some chance did the old search the db try. I have .net 2002 and visual c++ 2005 installed, I have managed to set up sdks support and even stlport gunk. Hell I even gave mingw a chance, im no rocket scientist but gee golly this monkey has lost the nut. I have tryed numerous other engines a wack, some of which have horrible support or non at all CS seemed like a stand up out of all of them. Havn't given up hope yet, from the screen shots that some apples, untill I get it compiled Ill have to live with the idea the screenies are pizza pockets.

Im overly exuasted using microshafts .net solutions, makes me wonder just how much errors it can throw at me!!!

Perhaps you might be interested in the CrystalBlend project (http://www.crystalspace3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=CrystalBlend). This project will allow you to make a world in Blender and without programming make a simple game using Crystal Space. No compilation required. No programming required. Just making models and adding some info on how those models should behave.

One problem. CrystalBlend is in heavy development and currently isn't 100% usable yet.

Greetings,
Random Guest

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 09:51:34 pm »

Hmmm sounds interesting, you got my ears I will definatly give that a try I assume you can create anything then using crystal blend??

I remember seeing stuff about it, but thought it had somthing to with CS perhaps a plugin. Thanks for the quick info, btw what is yet to implemented since you said its not 100% complete??
Random Guest

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 06:32:44 am »

I just compiled the development version of CS with latest support library, but the project seems like nothing but a couple of demos am I missing somthing??
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 07:37:27 am »

I just compiled the development version of CS with latest support library, but the project seems like nothing but a couple of demos am I missing somthing??

Well now it is time to develop your own stuff. I recommend to read the manual that comes with CS and go through a few tutorials.

Greetings,
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 07:38:16 am »

Hmmm sounds interesting, you got my ears I will definatly give that a try I assume you can create anything then using crystal blend??

I remember seeing stuff about it, but thought it had somthing to with CS perhaps a plugin. Thanks for the quick info, btw what is yet to implemented since you said its not 100% complete??

Well it is a bit much. CrystalBlend is really early in development. You can do some simple nice things with it (download the binary download from the CS site to watch things) but it is still early.

Greetings,
Random Guest

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 10:29:40 am »

Hmmm thanks for the help, yes I did try the crystal blend project. I really like the direction that is headed, the demos were quiet impressive will it be able to handle bump mapping and the works in the future??
Shadowcaster

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 10:45:36 am »

There I registered, sorry about posting as guest Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: