Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:17:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8220 Members
Latest Member: Igymatta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  6 DOF actor in CEL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 6 DOF actor in CEL  (Read 3212 times)
mounterriver

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:07:49 am »

From the current code in CEL, the actor can only be placed by x, y, z, and rotational rot_y. How to add in or create actors having
6 DOF, meaning x, y, z, rotx, roty, rotz ? Or how to determine the orientation of the object when the object hit the uneven ground? Any hint on this? Thanks...
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 01:00:49 pm »

From the current code in CEL, the actor can only be placed by x, y, z, and rotational rot_y. How to add in or create actors having
6 DOF, meaning x, y, z, rotx, roty, rotz ? Or how to determine the orientation of the object when the object hit the uneven ground? Any hint on this? Thanks...

Hmm... I suppose you mean the linmove property class and not the camera? What exactly do you want to do? linmove is only designed for 'normal' horizontal movement and will not work nicely for other types of movement.

Greetings,
mounterriver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:12:03 am »

I am looking for examples like a 4 wheel car running on the uneven ground, how do we make sure that the car fall onto the ground with the correct ( approximately) orientation? at least three wheel has to touch the ground if no suspension is put into. This may give a more realistic feel to the viewer. The current linmove does not allow you to change the other two rotation.
By the way, I looked into the cel property class, there are dynmove and mechanicsObject, what is the difference bewteen these two? Can anyone of them be used for the 4 wheel example? Thanks
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 08:35:43 am »

I am looking for examples like a 4 wheel car running on the uneven ground, how do we make sure that the car fall onto the ground with the correct ( approximately) orientation? at least three wheel has to touch the ground if no suspension is put into. This may give a more realistic feel to the viewer. The current linmove does not allow you to change the other two rotation.
By the way, I looked into the cel property class, there are dynmove and mechanicsObject, what is the difference bewteen these two? Can anyone of them be used for the 4 wheel example? Thanks

I don't think you should use linmove for this. What you want is physics using the mechanics property class. The dynmove class is deprecated and I removed it recently.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: