Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 11:55:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8248 Members
Latest Member: Zuzawwwmilosz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Information on Binary Artist Package for CVS???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Information on Binary Artist Package for CVS???  (Read 1882 times)
Wolfcastle

Email
« on: November 27, 2005, 09:49:03 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if there is any documentation on the use of the Binary Artist Package for CVS. I've looked in the forums, the faqs, other sites, etc but all the information available seems to focus on compiling stuff. Is there any information available on how to use the binary package, I'm clueless on how to get the maptest feature to read a file that isn't the default one, or how to use the cslight feature. Any insights would be appreciated.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 10:38:27 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if there is any documentation on the use of the Binary Artist Package for CVS. I've looked in the forums, the faqs, other sites, etc but all the information available seems to focus on compiling stuff. Is there any information available on how to use the binary package, I'm clueless on how to get the maptest feature to read a file that isn't the default one, or how to use the cslight feature. Any insights would be appreciated.

To use walktest with other maps you'll have to use a commandline. You can then do things like:

walktest.exe level.zip

Or:

walktest.exe level

(where level is a directory that contains the 'world' file).

cslight works the same.

Greetings,
Wolfcastle

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 08:56:49 pm »

Okay, thanks. That brings up the next question, is there any simple tool for inputing command lines? I tried using windows run feature with stuff added after walktest.exe, but that didn't work.
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:39:44 pm »

Normally, you just start a DOS/CMD shell in Windows. Then you run programs like this:

Code:
cd c:\CS (or wherever it is installed)
.\walktest --relight mymap.zip
LigH

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 02:13:50 am »

@ sunshine:

Under Linux, it is necessary to use "./application" because Linux searches only in the PATH, but not in the current directory, per default.

Under DOS/Windows, ".\" is superfluous, because command interpreters always look in the current directory first, before they look in the PATH.
__

@ Wolfcastle:

If you often want to do the same repeatedly, you can create batch scripts (some kind of text files, with extension ".bat" or ".cmd"). They can contain the whole list of commands you want to have executed. You can even take a ZIP archive with the world definition, drag it inside the Windows Explorer and drop it onto the batch script, if you use "%1" as placeholder for the first command line parameter submitted to the batch file. Example:

relight.bat
Code:
C:\CS\walktest --relight "%1"

Drag a ZIP archive with a world definition onto that batch script.

I wrote the %1 inside quotes, because the complete file name of the dragged ZIP archive could have included spaces.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: