Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:42:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8766 Members
Latest Member: Msturnocarl03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  exporting from blender using blender2crystal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: exporting from blender using blender2crystal  (Read 3145 times)
kofoden

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2005, 04:58:39 pm »

I'm trying to export a simple plane within my little world from blender to CS. I'm using the plugin blender2crystal. I have added materials with textures on this plane, but when I export it I can't see any of these materials/textures. Exporting  the rest works fine, but there I have added an image using the UV/image editor.  So my question is, is there a way around making only materials and textures or can I in some way add a UV map on this or do I need to load an image via the UV/image editor?

thanks
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 07:28:05 pm »

You probably want more than just a plane - you'd want at least a cube with inward-facing normals for your camera to sit in.

Aside from that, you would need to UV map your texture onto a face in order to see it when its exported.
kofoden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:32 am »

I have modelled more than just one plane. This particular plane should be my water in the world. The way I have done it is by adding a material from mateial buttons and then adding three different textures to that material. So when I export this I can't see anything. So the question is, is it possible to assign UV map to a material added in this way

thanks
kofoden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 02:49:59 pm »

I just figured it out. I needed to add a proctex property, which ignores the uv mapping and assigns the values to my materials textures.

Thanks for the help
juansolo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:59:47 pm »

A basic blender.orgs tutorial of uv mapping...http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=85
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: