Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 06:25:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8229 Members
Latest Member: Kula999lidia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Texturing Models?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Texturing Models?  (Read 2550 times)
National_Cookie

Email
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:57:15 pm »

My partner and I are using Rhinoceros 3.0 and 3D Max 8. We want to find a good program to putt textures on our models. 3D Max is to time consuming and Rhinoceros isnt even close to getting good textues. We want to stay away from Blender because of learning issues (we dotn want to spend another very long time learning another program). We just need something simple that will make flat layouts of the objects then we can paint on it and then put it back on the 3d model. We currently do modeling for The Seventh Game Precursors. Our goal is to get that organic and tech line effect.

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 08:18:42 am »

My partner and I are using Rhinoceros 3.0 and 3D Max 8. We want to find a good program to putt textures on our models. 3D Max is to time consuming and Rhinoceros isnt even close to getting good textues. We want to stay away from Blender because of learning issues (we dotn want to spend another very long time learning another program). We just need something simple that will make flat layouts of the objects then we can paint on it and then put it back on the 3d model. We currently do modeling for The Seventh Game Precursors. Our goal is to get that organic and tech line effect.

I'm a programmer and I needed about a week to master Blender sufficiently to make levels for Crystal Space.

Texturing is not a very easy process. I'm not sure that there are easy ways to get what you want.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: