Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:29:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8800 Members
Latest Member: Xxbobo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Feature Requests
| | |-+  Cloth physics in sprcal3d
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cloth physics in sprcal3d  (Read 8348 times)
xhyldazhk

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2005, 08:23:04 pm »

I would like the Cal3d sprite3d to have support for Cal3d cloth physics. It's too dificult for me to patch existing sprcal3d?
Hotelabanoterme

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:35:28 pm »

that's sound interesting!
Any news about it?

kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »

It is rather complicated to implement that into cal3d because you will need some kind of ragdoll effect to handle the collisions with the body of your mesh, plus kinematic objects (ie objects that interacts with the physical simulation but are controlled by the animation system) because I suppose that you still want to animate your skeleton from cal3d.

A much simpler solution would be to use the powerful new animesh and the ragdoll controller that has been added recently in the trunk version of CS. Adding support for kinematic objects is quite simple if you use the Bullet physics plugin, and cloth effects won't be that hard neither.

The new animesh is much powerful than cal3d on many aspects, there are many controllers to animate your skeleton (like the ragdoll plugin, a 'lookat' controller to make any bone target at some position, morphing for facial animation and so on). You can overview it with the 'avatartest' application, while the ragdoll is demonstrated in the 'phystut' app (both in CS's trunk).
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »

In the trunk development version, it is now possible to have some objects like accessories, hairs, or clothes animated by the dynamic simulation.

You have to use the animesh (object iAnimatedMesh) and the ragdoll animation node for that. You can see that in the 'avatartest' demo application, the hairs of Krystal are now animated by the dynamic simulation. Some work has still to be made on the mesh to have the animation looking good, but the technical part is implemented.

In order to achieve that effect, the support for kinematic object has been added to the Bullet plugin. It allows to have some objects controlled by the animation system but colliding and interacting with the physical simulation. Then, the support for kinematic object has been added to the ragdoll animation node, so that some sub-parts of the skeleton may be animated by the raw animation data, while other sub-parts are animated by the physical simulation. In the example of Krystal in 'avatartest', the body is a kinematic skeleton and the hairs are dynamic bodies, the body is also switched to dynamic bodies when Krystal is killed with the left mouse button.

The next step for having really nice cloth animation, eg for a long dress, will be to add support for soft bodies. Bullet can do that, and we will need to add the ability to have a CS mesh deformed dynamically by the physical simulation.
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

There is now full support for cloth physics with iAnimatedMesh's (still in trunk).

The support for Bullet's soft bodies has been added (see iBulletSoftBody), you can use it to simulate ropes, clothes or any soft volumetric bodies.
An animation controller has also been written to animate automatically a genmesh from a soft body (see iSoftBodyAnimationControl).
It is therefore possible to attach soft bodies to animated meshes thanks to the ragdoll controller.

You can see a general demo of soft bodies in the 'phystut' application.
You can see a demo of clothes and hair animation in the 'avaratest' application, with the Krystal model.
Dristiscccv

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:02:21 am »

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. Let's discuss.

Welcome to my shop online for Discount Uggs.
Camkrist

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:14:53 pm »

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

I'm on Twitter and my essay
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: