Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 01:53:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8556 Members
Latest Member: Boshyeng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  cal3d skeleton file not loading
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: cal3d skeleton file not loading  (Read 1799 times)
willjm

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2005, 04:32:09 pm »

Hello,

I'm getting the following error message when I try to load one of my models in CS.

crystalspace.spritecal3dfactoryloader.parse.badfile: Could not load cal3d skeleton file <varge_wb1_gunner_pod.csf>.
[node: meshfact(test),params,skeleton]

I have specified the following lines in the .cal3d file to load the skeleton file.

Code:
<!-- Path specifies the OS-dependent directory path to where all the other files are located. (optional) -->
<path dir="data/cal3d_models/VARGE_WB1_GUNNER_POD/" />

<!-- Specify cal3d skeleton file used by model. -->
<skeleton file="varge_wb1_gunner_pod.csf" />

This did work in the past. I did update the version of MilkShape3D that I was using from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6.
I also updated the version of Cal3D (it's now cal3d-0.10.0) I was using, rebuilt the exporter for MilkShape3D and re-exported my models.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?
willjm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 03:35:38 pm »

I failed to mention in my previous post that the model is working in the cal3d miniviewer.
Phorem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:14:12 pm »

Did you rebuild CS after you updated your Cal3D install? That's what happened to me in the past.
willjm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 06:32:20 am »

No, I did not recompile CS after I updated Cal3D. I was wondering if there was a compatibility issue since it was the newest Cal3D and the latest stable release of CS. I was getting close to going back to an older version of Cal3D to see if that helped. I'll give your suggestion a try and see what I come up with. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: