Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 11:07:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8494 Members
Latest Member: Onapthanh
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  Can't Run Crystal Blend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't Run Crystal Blend  (Read 5621 times)
Crystal Blend Problem

Email
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:01:44 pm »

Hi there everyone I have been using blender for some time now and the version that I found Good For my game was blender 2.37a But besides that I downlaoded crystal blend lite and it comes with a .blend file but what bothers me is that when I run the crystal blend .exe in the prg file an error comes up saying this :

CrystalBlend:  Missing filename parameter!

I am stuck there unless I am not suppose To open That ? But even tho how do I get crystal blend to laod my projects as .blend and compile them as crystal blend .exe or somthing ? cause when I made that .blend game that came with crystal blend it compiled as a blender .exe ? So I just need to know how to get crystal blend up and running I hear it going to be awesome Cheesy And if I need to install other stuff or downlaod certain things post the links also Cheesy it will save lots of time well I will check up on this forum tommorow cya all and if U use blender Happy Blending
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:09:57 pm »

Hi there everyone I have been using blender for some time now and the version that I found Good For my game was blender 2.37a But besides that I downlaoded crystal blend lite and it comes with a .blend file but what bothers me is that when I run the crystal blend .exe in the prg file an error comes up saying this :

CrystalBlend:  Missing filename parameter!

I am stuck there unless I am not suppose To open That ? But even tho how do I get crystal blend to laod my projects as .blend and compile them as crystal blend .exe or somthing ? cause when I made that .blend game that came with crystal blend it compiled as a blender .exe ? So I just need to know how to get crystal blend up and running I hear it going to be awesome Cheesy And if I need to install other stuff or downlaod certain things post the links also Cheesy it will save lots of time well I will check up on this forum tommorow cya all and if U use blender Happy Blending

You need to put the .blend file as an argument on the commandline. To do this the easy way just run one of the '.cmd' scripts that are included (outside the 'prg' dir). Just double click on one of them and it will start with the .blend file automatically.

Greetings,
Crystal Blend Problem

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:33:54 pm »

jorrit Thanks for explaining but english Is my seccond lang I dont understand some stuff lol But I sure write good english lol
I Think I understand  So say My game is on my desktop so I just open up the crystalblend_win32 folder then open the prg folder
and where the .blend is I remove the example 1 and put my game in there as a.blend and then click back or hit back space to return to
crystalblend_win32 folder and run 1 of the command scripts ? If thats what u where explaining yes I did that It laods the dos window but after it dose not laod my .blend game ?

But out of your explaination I did not understand this part :

You need to put the .blend file as an argument on the commandline.

If you have already explained this the best way u can just say so and I will try to figure it out my self unles some1 else can explain it.
like do I have to do something in the .blend to get it to laod on the command scripts ?
srry to sound like a noob lol But I found out about crystal blend like yesterday lol So I have no clue about crystal blend lol well I will be on abit longer lol I wana get CS Runnning today Cheesy That would be awesome Wink I will check up later
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 07:20:51 am »

jorrit Thanks for explaining but english Is my seccond lang I dont understand some stuff lol But I sure write good english lol
I Think I understand  So say My game is on my desktop so I just open up the crystalblend_win32 folder then open the prg folder
and where the .blend is I remove the example 1 and put my game in there as a.blend and then click back or hit back space to return to
crystalblend_win32 folder and run 1 of the command scripts ? If thats what u where explaining yes I did that It laods the dos window but after it dose not laod my .blend game ?

But out of your explaination I did not understand this part :

You need to put the .blend file as an argument on the commandline.

If you have already explained this the best way u can just say so and I will try to figure it out my self unles some1 else can explain it.
like do I have to do something in the .blend to get it to laod on the command scripts ?
srry to sound like a noob lol But I found out about crystal blend like yesterday lol So I have no clue about crystal blend lol well I will be on abit longer lol I wana get CS Runnning today Cheesy That would be awesome Wink I will check up later

Don't go into the 'prg' dir. Just double click on 'start_goodhardware.cmd' or any of the two other files. The readme that is included with Crystal Core explains this. To run on the commandline you can open a DOS box (cmd.exe or command.com depending on your version of windows).

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: