Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 06:47:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7594 Members
Latest Member: Wandagarcia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Development Discussion
| | |-+  CS's Collison
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CS's Collison  (Read 5734 times)
Dune

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:25:26 pm »

I was reading there are collision detection issues with CS especially the terrain. How does it work? Is it mesh based or can there be a type of raycasted collision installed?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 06:34:01 pm »

I was reading there are collision detection issues with CS especially the terrain. How does it work? Is it mesh based or can there be a type of raycasted collision installed?

CS can do both.

Greetings,
Dune

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 07:01:57 pm »

Great, Hi Jorrit I was just going to email. Yah, I was getting into this, collision from the source, but am none too experienced, but would like to help out as much as I can.

If there is a problem with the terrain collision or mesh can the rayt collision be used with that or how would that work?

Project looks very good by the way and Crystal Core is pretty exciting.
Dune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 07:29:58 pm »

"We need to investigate alternative techniques so that we can directly tell our OPCODE plugin that we are dealing with a heightmap (through the terraformer system) and avoid the need to generate a big triangle mesh. This task involves finding out a proper API and interfaces to deal with this program since now CS uses iPolygonMesh to communicate to the CD plugin. Backwards compatibility also has to be ensured here."

Sounds like a camera hightmap collsion I studied from lingo a while back.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: